MZ-E900

Rate this topic

gujarati

I just did a buy-it-now on MZ-E900. Its looks like new from the picture. I got it for $25 buy-it-now price + $7 shipping. I think it is a very good price. What do you all think? I had crush on this unit forever and can't believe I got it today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290325340945

Question: Seller says Ni-MH batteries are dead. I also need Ni-MH for my MZ-RH10, is it the same battery and is what's a good brand/place to get it for cheap?

Here's the image of MZ-E900 I got for $25. Hope it arrives soon. Any comments on the unit (likes/dislikes)?

Thanks sfpb for the battery link. I realized that seller ships from Australia and hence more shipping. Are there any options within US/Canada that are as cheap and good?

post-6694-1245417006.jpg

Edited by gujarati

Not that I found. These are rare enough that the ones I bought as part of my GP charger package, were already showing signs of age and took a fair amount of reviving. There are some available in this country at $30 per battery, I can tell you where :)

Here's the image of MZ-E900 I got for $25. Hope it arrives soon. Any comments on the unit (likes/dislikes)?

Thanks sfpb for the battery link. I realized that seller ships from Australia and hence more shipping. Are there any options within US/Canada that are as cheap and good?

Thats a good purchased. Is it play only MD?

I own one of these and it has the seek problem... and I heard it is a COMMON thing with this model in addition to other units from this time period. Something about the seek sensor motor or something like that eventually goes bad. So at first, it will have trouble finding a track for a second or two when you hit play... then the problem just gets worse. Sorry to rain on your parade. It is a cool unit as far as size & shape.

I own one of these and it has the seek problem... and I heard it is a COMMON thing with this model in addition to other units from this time period. Something about the seek sensor motor or something like that eventually goes bad. So at first, it will have trouble finding a track for a second or two when you hit play... then the problem just gets worse. Sorry to rain on your parade. It is a cool unit as far as size & shape.

I wonder if the "Seek problem" is in fact a power problem. Is there any way to make sure (switching batteries, cleaning contacts, charging batteries with known device, etc) ? Sounds like the sort of nonsense under heavy load.