RM-MC38EL remotes for $10usd including shipping?

Rate this topic

ceramiccactus

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-Remote-control-wi...628144002r26685

I have seen this chuyanshan seller on Ebay alot, but have never done business with him.

Has anybody here bought from this seller?

His ebay feedback is decent, Im just wondering if he is a reputable seller or not, since this is an amazing deal.

SNV80344.jpg

Should this be moved to Off-topic or Classifieds?

uhh no...

I am simply asking for peoples opinions on the seller.

Preferably people who have dealt with him.

you didn't answer my question.

Edited by ceramiccactus

His pattern is to sell some stuff amazingly cheap to establish feedback. Take a look at his latest MD players/recorders. Not cheap! However initially they were bargain basement. You can probably see this in the feedback, if you drill down.

I haven't bought anything but I follow the career of this guy with some small interest.

uhh no...

I am simply asking for peoples opinions on the seller.

Preferably people who have dealt with him.

you didn't answer my question.

Two things:

1. This is the Hi-MD forum--the question was for the moderators. I meant no offense. Edit: I was actually concerned your question wouldn't get the exposure you needed in this forum.
  2. I did answer your question insofar as I implied that I believe he can be trusted to provide a remote control that isn't a lemon. You answered your own question the same way I answered it--by checking out his feedback.

His pattern is to sell some stuff amazingly cheap to establish feedback. Take a look at his latest MD players/recorders. Not cheap! However initially they were bargain basement. You can probably see this in the feedback, if you drill down.

I haven't bought anything but I follow the career of this guy with some small interest.

It's true that his actual MD units aren't the cheapest--but I have occasionally seen some good deals on that and for items that are not exactly common.

To put offers on remotes into perspective, I have bought most of my remotes in deals like this. They were all absolutely genuine (or at the very worst, perhaps factory rejects, however I sort of doubt this). In every case the seller disappeared after a few weeks or months. My strong suspicion is that Sony may be shutting them down whenever possible.

FWIW, I had bought an AM/FM radio remote for the NHF800 HiMD unit on ebay, it works perfectly and cost half the price Sony was asking for.

Hey dude, I also own that same RM-MC39LT remote that I user with my NH700, and I got one from you for a very low price, and I definitely enjoy using it in tandem with my RM-MC40ELK as well, and soon, I will be the proud owner of the Japan-only MDR-NC300D Noise Canceling IEM. Of course, with the latest DTV transition the TV tuner portion of it is now useless but the AM and FM parts of the remote are still perfect enough to perhaps bring to either Seattle Mariners home games at Safeco Field or to Seattle Sounders FC soccer/football matches across the street at Qwest Field. I somehow can never go to a game without a least a radio in my hand to follow all of the action and also get live stats or out-of-town scores while at the game/match itself. But to also pack a few Hi-MD's for halftime or for on the way home should I ever decide to take the vanpool instead of driving on/off of the Bainbridge/Seattle ferry, and having that and the NC300D would be such an awesome setup, and unlike the NW-HD5 I also own at least if my AA battery in my NH700 dies I always have a couple of spare ones ready to go pronto.

I'm sorry, for what Hi-MD units would these remotes work on?

Chris, we have a search facility in this forum, which I believe is also mentioned in the forum guidelines. The guidelines say "before bombarding the the board with rapidfire questions about everything under the sun, do a search" (or words to that effect).

We also have things called pinned topics where items that have been judged to have been particularly useful are pinned to the top of the different sub-sections.

For example this guide to remotes...

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8147

Chris, we have a search facility in this forum, which I believe is also mentioned in the forum guidelines. The guidelines say "before bombarding the the board with rapidfire questions about everything under the sun, do a search" (or words to that effect).

We also have things called pinned topics where items that have been judged to have been particularly useful are pinned to the top of the different sub-sections.

For example this guide to remotes...

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=8147

Just the post of the link would have been nice. thanks. :P

• 7 months later...