RH1 uploading question

Rate this topic

ceramiccactus

Hello all.

I have been the proud owner of the rh1 for about 6 months now, and just recently have been uploading with it.

I record mainly vinyl to my je480 deck in SP mode, and upload with the rh1 and it seems to take forever. What I usually do is select the 256kbps atrac setting, instead of the pcm import setting for what I hoped to be faster upload times.

My problem is that it literally takes "real time" for the upload to complete. Ive been reading online that my pc should be doing the job at atleast 10X based on my specs.

Any opinions on what is happening?

See this sticky in the Software Support forum:

A solution to the "slow SP upload" problem on the RH1

The problem is you kind of have to read the whole string and digest to get the right solution that works even if you plug in other units. I think it probably needs to be written up again definitively with the corrections so people don't get lost.

The problem is you kind of have to read the whole string and digest to get the right solution that works even if you plug in other units. I think it probably needs to be written up again definitively with the corrections so people don't get lost.

I'll see what I can do about it. But currently the entire topic may be summarized into a simple choice - either follow the instructions from the first post there, or install SonicStage 4.3.01 Ultimate from this post.

Edited by Avrin

I did install Ultimate and still had the problem--but I had installed a different version first. Only after I uninstalled SS, removed all the ghost devices, removed the oem*.inf files associated with Sony devices and finally reinstalled SS 4.3 Ultimate did it resolve the issue. As far as following what's in the first post--I want to maintain the capability of plugging in my other units without going through the fix again.

I'll see what I can do about this. But currently the entire topic may be summarized into a simple choice - either follow the instructions from the first post there, or install SonicStage 4.3 Ultimare from this post.