Sony Insider Forums
otiasj

ML_SONY

Hi,

i've found today thread on http://forums.winamp.com and have read it :D (i've my nw-a1000 just about 2 weeks). Thx 4 your plug-in :] ConnectPlayer is fuc... shit. i don't why it don't works on my computer but on my brothers one it works quite good... (it mean that u r able to transfer files - but it's not so comfortable and slow...). Your plugin works on my computer :) and when you'll release new version i'll do more tests

i've found some bugs :/

- in winamp some files when are being played (twice clicked or wimap go to next file) has bad name (name of file from device, no from the tags). First file on the playlist always has bad name... (maybe i will tell it more clearly -on the begining only first file has bad name, then more when are played. Normal name doesn't show up again, you must load playlist again)

- rating doesn't works on my device (option isn't available, but i dont need it :P)

- connect player go mad... he doesnt recognise amount of album, files etc. probably database made by your plugin isnt compatibile?

- i don't get symbols in "+ -" in artist and album window for example: what mean ]Â‮‮‮‪‫‬‭‮□

Edited by Mati

Hi, just thought I'd note something interesting that happened to me just now. I tried to send music to my NW-A608 device (never had a problem before) and suddenly Winamp would crash everytime I tried to load the media library. I took screenshots of the errors, as one made no sense. I was playing a song off of my computer and it said it was corrupted and of a totally different file type than what it really is.

I reinstalled Winamp, too, and it's still giving me the same errors.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6396/errorpart16ms.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7923/errorpart27ae.jpg

Hello everyone

Sorry for the delay,

I have made a new release on source forge:

Version 1.0.1:

- added version number & about screen

- Fixed + - not showing properly bug

- now show the space left on the device

- now show the percent of the current file

- album list and artist list are now sorted on the device

- VBR files "should" work

- can keep adding files to the list while transfering

I am in the middle of adding the playlist support...

Please if you are experiencing files that you can not play from the device

send them by mail at saito_j AT yahoo DOT fr

Thank you

Guest Stuge

otiasj,,

Thanks for the instructions ..will try now .. :)

this link is down :http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlsony

can you please upload the new version here ?

I just uploaded the file

so it might not be on every source forge server yet

The link you gave worked for me...

Guest Stuge

I`m using my HD3 for trial..

I have M3FM installed ..

Is it nessasary to create new OMGAUDIO folder ..b`coz older one does have 04CNTINF.DAT..& other .DAT files ..also is Version 5.2 nessasary ?

I`m able to see F Sony Walkman in Winamp V.5.1 .Also able to save old mp3 files but can`t play it & also winamp doesn`t tranfer Mp3 songs in my walkman..

I`m rather confused now .

Hi stuge

The purpose of creating a new OMGAUDIO directory is to start with a fresh database and to backup your old OMGAUDIO in case you don't want to lose your current database.

I don't think 5.2 is necessary (although I never tested)

When you say mp3 won't play do you mean:

- won't play from winamp directly from the device (it's not fixed yet)

- won't play from downloaded file

- won't play from the device itself?

Finally transfert doesn't work? :

-does it crash when applying? what error does it give?

Please give me a little more details so I can help you ;-)

Thank you for testing anyway :-)

I was looking forward to this update but unfortunately I still crashes at WinAMP start up. Get the same message as wytefyre posted.

I already reinstalled WinAMP, but as soon as I at the DLL and connect the NW-HD5 it crashes :((

Any idea?

hi bergmarmot,

did you already sent me you database file?

if not please send me the files in OMGAUDIO directory (only the .DAT files)

I though I solved the problem :-(

Hi Otiasj,

yes I send you the MP3 files and DAT files etc. I am now regeneration the keys with GYM and see what happens after this. If this is crashing then I will initialize the HDD and try again. If problem then still percists then I have to think harder on what I could do next.

Cheers mate

Ok I will check again my files

There is no need to format your player:

- Just make sure mp3fm is correctly installed (meaning you used the installer to install. it if you do that you don't need the gym keys)

- Then create a new empty OMGAUDIO directory

- Then create an empty file 04CNTINF.DAT in this directory

Guest Stuge

Hi stuge

The purpose of creating a new OMGAUDIO directory is to start with a fresh database and to backup your old OMGAUDIO in case you don't want to lose your current database.

I don't think 5.2 is necessary (although I never tested)

When you say mp3 won't play do you mean:

- won't play from winamp directly from the device (it's not fixed yet)

- won't play from downloaded file

- won't play from the device itself?

Finally transfert doesn't work? :

-does it crash when applying? what error does it give?

Please give me a little more details so I can help you ;-)

Thank you for testing anyway :-)

With old version (ml_sony)

I`m mean to say mp3 files downloaded from Winamp doesn`t play .

no with old version it doesn`t crash but when i ask winamp to transfer mp3 file it doesn`t do anything..no error nothing.

But with new "ml_sony25042005"

winamp crashes when ever HD3 or F: Sony Walkman is selected via Winamp .

"Winamp has encountered a problem needs to close....."

Ok I will look into it,

Did you try using a clean database?

if not this is probably a compatibility problem with the software you are usually using...

Edited by otiasj

Guest Stuge

Ok I will look into it,

Did you try using a clean database?

if not this is probably a compatibility problem with the software you are usually using...

No ,Will try that also & will let you know..

Oh I forgot:

for those who have crash problem

After a crash there should be a Debug_ml_sony.log file in c:

could you open it and copy the last few lines so that I can understand what is wrong?

Thank you for your help

Guest Stuge

Deleted the folder OMGAudio & then i transferred four songs in mp3 format .but .still unable to play the files whihc a download from the player ..

SonicStage ver3.4 ..File Info say unknown format ..strange .

UnknownFile.jpg

Note : I was using ML_Sony file b`coz i`m unable to use newer updated file .

Hi Otiasj,

I'm afraid Winamp still crashes when I try to click on my NW-HD5 in the Media Library.

Perhaps this is an incompatibility thing with MP3FM, the sw I use to transfer files. I remember that files tranferred over with MP3FM cannot be "viewed" in SS, so maybe your plugin is compatible with SS transferred files only?

I have about 20GB of music on my device, so I don't really want to start from scratch. However, if you don't think you can fix the compatibility probs, I will create a fresh OMGAUDIO dir (I have done this previously, and your plugin worked ok).

Create some more debug msgs in the plugin, and let's track down this issue!

I'll send you my dat files by email, they might be useful for you.

N

Edited by nickzeff

Hi maybe I have an interesting observation. I have 2 NW-HD5's (one I leave in the car, the other for other purposes). One device (A) is completely filled via SonicStage. If I try to open this device in WinAMP then WinAMP crashes. The other device (B) was initialized and then manually created the OMGAUDIO folder with the database file. Accessing this decive in WinAMP is no problem. I transferred some MP3's then WinAMP crashed. Restarted WinAMP and could access device B again and even play the transferred songs. Now I open SonicStage. When I try to open a folder of an artist from device B then SonicStage crashes!!!! Device A can be read in SonicStage without any problem. We are facing obviously an compatiblity problem here.

BTW: the artist, album and song lists are correctly diplayed on the deviced that used WinAMP for filetranfer :))

Cheers mate

Just tried GYM on device B, I could not play the MP3's !!! So within WinAMP is works but clearly not with SonicStage and GYM :(

Edited by bergmarmot

Interesting Bergmarmot.

Seems like the type of encoding you do locks down which software you can use to decode the tracks.

Imagine my surprise that Sony would do this.

You might want to chat with Xispe - he may have some suggestions...?

Cheers

N

Hi nickzeff,

for Device B I used WinAMP. BTW: The track on the device I also can not play :(( On Device A I used SonicStage. I think the WinAMP Plugin is not properly Encoding the MP3 to OMA files. This causes that the file can not be played, that SonicStage can crash and as Stuge showed wrong or incomplete MP3 information (like bitrate is missing in his screenshot).

Sorry Bergmarmot,

My comments were aimed at Otiasj!...

Anyway. I still think the best solution would be to find an electronics genius to reverse engineer the NW-HD5 so we can put Rockbox firmware on it or something!...

Aha ok.

Otiasj, I think I was to optimistic mentioning that the transferred files also played within WinAMP but this is not correct. I get the error message "Unable to Render the File" a well known error message.

Good luck, slowly but surely you're getting closer ....

Hello,

Ok I found a stupid bug...

Could someone please test this please

For your information winamp can NOT play directly from the device unless you have a non protected device like NAW1000 or NAW3000.

I will add the support for other player later :-)

if the file you download from the device is not readable that usually mean that the key used to decode the file is not valid.

Again make sure you installed MP3FM for YOUR device (the dvid.dat file is different for each device)

or if you are using GYM/decodeKey tables that you used the key wizard with the device you are trying to use...

So far using the database I received I was able to successfully download & read so I am not sure what is the problem here...

I am out for lunch I will be back later

So please if someone can tell me if the fix works....

Oh also,

If you have a NW-HD5 device or any device that is protected

YOU MUST NOT have an nocode.txt in the OMGAUDIO directory...

Thank you :-)