Sony Insider Forums
otiasj

ML_SONY

Hi Otiasj,

Congratulations!! I can now transfer the files to my device, the list are sorted correct and I can play the MP3 files on the device!!!

There is only still one strange thing, accessing the device in SonicStage and trying to open the Artist still crashes SonicStage.

Anyway, another step closer .....

GOOD! :D

it had nothing to do with the database, it was a simple null pointer string in winamp's display.... (stupid me :( )

Sonicstage compatibility is not very High on my work list...

First I will finish the playlist, then I will start looking at connect player, to start adding link artist etc...

Edit:

Source forge version was updated

Edited by otiasj

I understand that the compatibility with sonicstage is not on you high priority list. On the onther hand people that already have put music on their device don't need to start from scratch as they have to do now. Only when you start from scratch you are able to use the plugin otherwise you have to continue with SonicStage.

BTW: Thanks for the tip concening MP3FM. I freshly installed the program on my new device, copied all the music from older device, run the GYM KeyWizard and voila, now I have all my music on my second device without going trough the whole process :). This device I put in my car and leave it there till I think it is time to change the music on it :)

Cheers mate!! and keep on doing this fantastic work. You and the GYM programmer are our hero's :=)

you are great :] thx. i think i will check how it works today and post comment.

EDIT: i've tryied how it works :) now is very good i havent noticed any problems with my winamp and device

Edited by Mati

Well...my Winamp still crashes :(

Maybe my db is corrupted, I dunno!

Anybody know if there is there some way I can rebuild my dat files without having to transfer over all my music again?

Cheers

N

Edit:

Using a fresh OMGAUDIO directory, everything works fine! I cannot wait until I can play stuff in Winamp!

So perhaps I'll just spend tonight transferring everything over...!

Edited by nickzeff

Guest Stuge

My winamp still crashes .please tell me which version of Winamp are you using (those who able to work with plugin without any problem..

I am using winamp 5.21 free version

Anybody know if there is there some way I can rebuild my dat files without having to transfer over all my music again?

:-( I don't know where this come's from...

I will check again the display part,

I had no problem loading the database you sent me so it's probably not the problem.

Could you make one more test please? :

Inside OMGAUDIO you have subdirectories containing the oma files, could you MOVE those directory somewhere else, then try to launch winamp.

Maybe it's in the reading of the tracks that there is a problem(I read the track number from the files)

Let me know if that works for you, if so I will make a patch to find out what file is causing the crash

Otherwise, solutions to rebuild the database:

1)First make a backup of your OMGAUDIO/*.DAT files

2)first solution : go to your OMGAUDIO dir and sort the files by date.

You should see some files are correctly dated and others have a strange old date like 2000/01/01 or something like that.

Delete the files with the old date (those files are generated by the player)

Then just unplug your player and let it regenerate the database.

3)second solution : go to your OMGAUDIO dir and delete every DAT files EXCEPT 04CNTINF.DAT

launch ml_sony it should rebuild your database

If it does not work just copy back the DAT files from your backup

Kind of good news, Otiasj -

If I move all the OMA files, Winamp does not exit, and shows all the db info on the device.

So you are right - it is something about reading the tracks, rather than the db.

Send me the patch and we can debug together.

Cheers!

N

Stuge - you might want to try moving the subdirectories of the OMGAUDIO folder temporarily. If the plugin does not then crash for you, then you are having the same problem as me. Then at least we know that this is your problem, and not something else.

Edited by nickzeff

unfortunately still names of files played from device through winamp sometimes have bad names... some always, some when you clik name in playlist window :/

this bar showing progres of uploading is fery useful :]

Edited by Mati

bad=name of file on the device (but without file format (OMA)). it's something strange... some files has on the beginning have corect names (from tags) some when are clicked/played change name... the first file on the playlist usually has bad name (one abum was displayed corectly, but when i clicked again on the name of album in album window first name has changed...).

EDIT: some files change name before double-clic, some befor clicking four times...

generally sometimes names are shown correctly, i don't know whats goin on

i've made a screenshot

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6919/winamp5oe.jpg

Edited by Mati

Ok that kind of bad name is normal,

It's because I just redirect winamp to the file,

some files probably change names because they still have idv1 tags at the end of the file (idv1 are at the end of the file)

Anyway, play functionnality is not ready yet! I will work on it later!

nickzeff here is the test plugin:

Please delete the log file in c:\ before launching winamp,

just check if winamp still crashes with the new plugin,

if it load then in the track column you should have some file with a track number of 999.

This mean that the track number could not be read.

please send me the oma files that could not be read + the decode key + the log file

If there is too many files just send me 2 or 3 :-)

Thank you for your help

I will go to sleep now see ya all :wave:

Guest Stuge

atleastt now Winamp is not crashing at start...

Edit #but now whenever i press ML ..Winamp crashes without giving any error

Yeah, it stopped crashing ....!!!! you're getting closer. Indead I have a lot of track with nr 999 .... but we are moving in the right direction :)

EDIT:

as additional info. track nr in general is screwed up. From the 1705 tracks on my device I only have 3 tracka with nr 1 ;)

Maybe this track numbering issue is also causing the crashing of SonicStage and also why GYM is not able to play the files transferred via WinAMP ;)

Edited by bergmarmot

thx for reply and info :] good night (in Poland it will start getting dark in about 3 hours :P)

Guest Stuge

Nickzeff:

Which files you want me to move from OMGAUDIO folder ..I moved

10F00(where songs are stored ) folder after then Winamp stopped crashing but as soon as those files WERE again placed in OMGAUDIO,Winamp again starts to crash ..not sure why . :sad::unsure::huh::blink:

Hi otiasj,

Ive tested the latest version on my HD5 and it works perfectly!

VBR songs transfer back and forth flawlessly and my 'stress test' of 150 mixed songs worked fine.

Cant wait for the playlist support.

I cant seen to compile the source from SVN with VS2005 it, is there something else I need or is it incompatibilities between the versions of visual studio.

BTW Im kmw from the winamp forums

Nickzeff:

Which files you want me to move from OMGAUDIO folder ..I moved

10F00(where songs are stored ) folder after then Winamp stopped crashing but as soon as those files WERE again placed in OMGAUDIO,Winamp again starts to crash ..not sure why . :sad::unsure::huh::blink:

OK Stuge,

That was the only test I wanted you to do. This proves that the crash is caused by the plugin reading the files, rather than the plugin reading the db information. So you have the same prob as me.

When Otiasj resumes work, this info will help him fix the plugin hopefully.

In the meantime, I'm afraid you'll just have to hold on for a fix!

Cheers

Guest Stuge

Nickzeff,

thanks ..

Which version Winamp you are using ??I`m using Ver V5,1 ..I will download & try 5.2 later when i will have time .

Guest Stuge

oH! I think we both need to try oput ver 5.2 .

Is there anyother person who is using Winamp ver5.1 ??

It works here for me with my HD-3. I had a winamp crash and the database on my HD-3 coult not be found. I deleted all .Dat files exept 04CNTINF.DAT. Then i put 1 file again on my device and it works ok.

-I tried to play files with GYM. It dont work. I can read de database, but it is different than normally, its blue and it does not have the same TAG order than uploaded with mp3fm. I can download it with GYM.

-MP3FM can see the files on my player. But also in a other way. Only the TITLE of the directory is read. Ok i know, that is the way MP3FM works.

-My old OMGAUDIO failed to play. I dont know why yet. I wil try to fix it. I hope it will work.

-one question: Is it possible that winamp could be installed on the player and works on every computer?? That should be great.

I hope you understand all i am typing here. Its difficult for me to type it understandable in English.

Great Work :):)

Edited by Auke

I cant fix my old OMGAUDIO. My player cant make a database. I have to start from scratch i am afraid. Not a big problem. I have all the music on my computer.

I think it is because i started up winamp with the new plugin before i did a backup of my OMGAUDIO. I only started up winamp. I have not done anything else.

So backup your OMGAUDIO before starting up winamp. :excl::excl:

If that is not the problem maybe because MP3filemanager and SS are not compatibel???? I think not.