Replacement for Sonic Stage

Rate this topic

pinewoodpine

Yes, I have followed the instructions exactly as was told in the faq but that didn't help. Even after I did all that the same problem persist.

I am using Windows Vista on a new laptop and I never had any problems with it on my old laptop with XP as well as my PC (Vista). Yes, I am running as admin.

The symptoms are:

1) Error Code: 00004e2e pops out

2) Then the SonicStage System Information Tool pops out, requiring you to 'authenticate'

3) Even after authentication, the problem persists and back to symptom 1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

The rumour is that the authentication server is up and running again. This error comes when you try to revive a set of keys from an old SonicStage install. A completely clean install on your new PC should be perfect and doesn't need the authentication.

You only have this problem most likely because you have encrypted stuff on your old PC which you tried to move to the new one. If you can unencrypt (remove copy protection) first (go back to your previous PC) and then wait until SS is running fully before trying to import anything to the new setup.

If you're not sure how the unencrypt works, go back to (working SonicStage) and run the File Conversion Utility. It will grind for a while and tell you there is 12 hours (or some ridiculous amount) to suffer. Uncheck the copy protection box, and it will recalculate, hopefully not too much this time. After it runs, the files should be good to suck into SS on the new machine

What you canNOT do is try to copy everything especially the software, from one machine to another.

We can help, but I will refrain from more details until you tell us the level of your knowledge.

Sorry to miss this one, I normally manage to respond but I might have been away on holiday.

Welcome to MDCF!

*groan*

I don't have my old pc with me, it's an ocean away, literally.

Will formatting my MP3 Player and a clean reinstall of Sonic Stage 4.3 help?

By the way, I didn't bring anything from my old PC to my new PC (which means, I didn't copy SS from my old PC to my new laptop).

My MP3 player is the Sony NW-E005 (green) and it comes with Sonic Stage 3.4 (which works in my previous machine, also running in the Vista OS).

I am currently using Sonic Stage 3.4.

Is there any other information that you need?

I really appreciate the help, by the way.

Note that this error comes as it tries to connect to the internet. Is it possible that you have Zone Alarm (or the equivalent) preventing it from doing so? (I rather thing it uses a standard http request but stranger things have been known).

However as Avrin says, forget 3.4. And forget your old recordings if Sonic Stage says you can't do anything with them, if they are from the old pc. Note: this should not apply to MP3's but I have almost no experience with MP3. This is a MD forum and your player isn't a MD recorder.

Thank God it finally worked.

Although the installation worked perfectly, it had some problems trying to transfer tracks into the MP3 for some reason.

Luckily, formatting the player itself fixed the problems and it now works again.

Thanks to both of you, my problem is solved (and I saved myself some cash too).