Mic and MD for voiceover and atmos

Rate this topic

interested

Hello,

I am wanting to purchase a microphone and minidisc for voiceover recordings. I'm putting an animation together and need to record voicers without any noise. On top of that I would like to be able to record atmospheric sound effects. I was thinking the Rode NT4 microphone would be the best, but I am so confused with what MD recorder I should get. Or maybe I don't need a minidisc recorder, as I have a canon hv30 camcorder. I think I would prefer to able to plug the rode mic into a minidisc as it is much more compact, which means I can carry it around whenever I want.

What would you all suggest?

Cheers

Edited by interested

Hello,

I am wanting to purchase a microphone and minidisc for voiceover recordings. I'm putting an animation together and need to record voicers without any noise. On top of that I would like to be able to record atmospheric sound effects. I was thinking the Rode NT4 microphone would be the best, but I am so confused with what MD recorder I should get. Or maybe I don't need a minidisc recorder, as I have a canon hv30 camcorder. I think I would prefer to able to plug the rode mic into a minidisc as it is much more compact, which means I can carry it around whenever I want.

What would you all suggest?

Cheers

Seriously consider using something like the Sony PCM-D50 if you are not going to be using the machine as a primary Walkman for listening (a bit large for that, along with basic playback modes). Mic is on the unit (and is damn good for the price) and the thing will probably set you back less than a separate MIC and MD unit, and you'd probably like it more for what it was designed to do (recording).

With in-built limiter, up to 24 bit / 96KHz recording and so on. Currently sitting at $450 USD.