Just isn't the same

ShriDurga

I understand why Chris made the decision to move the MD community here. If I were facing the same conditions I might do the same.

I'm sad today to come here and find the old neighborhood gone. I recognize some of the names, but the landmarks are all different and some of the buildings have been moved.

I know a lot of you must feel the same.

Everything comes, and everything goes.

Enjoy it while you have it.

I understand that things feel different. It's like visiting your old town after moving away for a long time, for me at least. That's how I felt whenever I visited MDCF.

I merged your account with your old one, so hopefully that will help you feel a little more comfortable. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make MDCF members content, so if you need anything I am a PM or email away.

Yeah it's different I grant you, but I think it's a good thing, I feel that with some polishing (i'd be glad to help if required I'm quite experienced with IPB) this place could be great.

I understand the loss of MD forums though, they were great, but quite a few of the people are still here, not that I can say I was hugely experienced anyway from there.

However, we're all brought together by the common love of the MD format if nothing else, and there's no other place quite like it. *Hugg*

I think it's a bit of the best of both worlds - to keep the analogy going it's like moving to a new city with lots of new things to explore, and opportunities for meeting new people, whilst at the same time you can bring a lot of your old friends with you. After 4.5 years at MDCF I welcome the change.

Before this conversion started I think I mentioned that reconciling links would be the tricky part. This being a commercial product, hopefully the vendor has a solution that SI management is willing to use.

These two link numbers correspond to what used to be the topic number and post number for the first post of "MZ-RH1: My MiniDisc Initiation" on MDCF. The topic link goes someplace and the post link goes some place entirely different now--if it were correct, they'd both land in the same place and it would look like this cached copy Google has: "MZ-RH1: My MiniDisc Initiation"

Topic Link Test-22606

Post Link Test-143809

I understand why Chris made the decision to move the MD community here. If I were facing the same conditions I might do the same.

I'm sad today to come here and find the old neighborhood gone. I recognize some of the names, but the landmarks are all different and some of the buildings have been moved.

I know a lot of you must feel the same.

Everything comes, and everything goes.

Enjoy it while you have it.

I was a lurker in the old forum, never posted once but I feel the same way you do. I regret that my first post is one of remorse, small neighborhoods grow and sometimes you loose that closeness I just hope that this will become something better or at least something close to what it used to be.