pics Sony Ericsson W995a

Rate this topic

Tiesto

Hi there, it has been a while since my last post. I haven't purchased any new equipment worthy to mention until now so I share some pics of my new cellphone, a Sony Ericsson W995a which is the top of the Walkman series and sadly it could be one of the last Walkman-branded to hit the market since SE is focusing on developing the so called "ultimate entertainment" equipment mixing the best of the camera phones with the walkman phones.

Regaring to the W995a, it has a great sound quality almost as good as my old HD5, it comes with a 3.5mm audio jack to make an easier way to plug your loved headphones beside it comes with built-in stereo speakers which are pretty loud, the video player is superb with a screen size of 2.6" diagonal, with bright and colorful playbacks. It also comes with a 8gb memory M2 which is more that enough for my music and stuff (sadly I have my HD5 as backup hard drive). With nothing else to say, here are the pictures:

w995a0.jpg

w995a1.jpg

w995a2.jpg

w995a4.jpg

w995a5.jpg

w995a6.jpg

w995a8.jpg

w995a9.jpg

w995a10.jpg

w995a11.jpg

w995a12.jpg

w995a13.jpg

w995a14.jpg

w995a15.jpg

Thanks Stuge, let me tell you that apart for being a telephone (lol) it has great features despite of not being a smart phone, let me name some that I have in mind right now:

- Sony Ericsson A2 platform: as always the SE software is very easy to use.

- Wi-Fi connection: very easy to do, fast connectivity.

- Assisted GPS: I havent test this yet.

- WayFinder and Navigation: it comes with these two applications for the usage of the GPS, they doesn't work in my area though.

- Google maps: it located me but with a 200 meter error lol... I dont know if the GSP was activated.

- PS3 file sharing: the cellphone can share the files through the LAN so the PS3 can access them.

- Accelerometer: for java games and flash applications.

- Youtube: it can access any Youtube video (just great).

- Facebook: there is a Facebook apps developed for SE, it is pretty neat.

- 3G video call: it has a vga camera in fromt with light sensor.

- Pictures camera: it comes with a 8.1 megapixels camera for still images, digital zoom 16x, image stabilizer (it actually works), face and smile detection among other features.

- Video camera: it records video at QVGA resolution.

- Walkman buttons: it has four dedicated buttons to control the Walkman playback even so it has the keys locked.

- Stereo speaker and 3.5mm headphone jack: as I explained before.

- Stylish finish: it has a metallic front and back cover.

- Slider cellphone: the slide mechanims is pretty solid.

- Support pages: it has a large number of web sites of sony ericcson community.

As for the cons I think there are few:

- Very pricey: I see it as a collector's item since it could be the last SE Walkman.

- Normal handsfree: the W995a comes with normal pair of headphones, SE outside the Americas ships it with noise cancelling headphones or portable speakers.

- Fragil screen: well I think this applies to any portable device with a big screen, it looks fragil lets hope it can stand a couple of falls.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Stuge, let me tell you that apart for being a telephone (lol) it has great features despite of not being a smart phone, let me name some that I have in mind right now:

- Sony Ericsson A2 platform: as always the SE software is very easy to use.

- Wi-Fi connection: very easy to do, fast connectivity.

- Assisted GPS: I havent test this yet.

- WayFinder and Navigation: it comes with these two applications for the usage of the GPS, they doesn't work in my area though.

- Google maps: it located me but with a 200 meter error lol... I dont know if the GSP was activated.

- PS3 file sharing: the cellphone can share the files through the LAN so the PS3 can access them.

- Accelerometer: for java games and flash applications.

- Youtube: it can access any Youtube video (just great).

- Facebook: there is a Facebook apps developed for SE, it is pretty neat.

- 3G video call: it has a vga camera in fromt with light sensor.

- Pictures camera: it comes with a 8.1 megapixels camera for still images, digital zoom 16x, image stabilizer (it actually works), face and smile detection among other features.

- Video camera: it records video at QVGA resolution.

- Walkman buttons: it has four dedicated buttons to control the Walkman playback even so it has the keys locked.

- Stereo speaker and 3.5mm headphone jack: as I explained before.

- Stylish finish: it has a metallic front and back cover.

- Slider cellphone: the slide mechanims is pretty solid.

- Support pages: it has a large number of web sites of sony ericcson community.

As for the cons I think there are few:

- Very pricey: I see it as a collector's item since it could be the last SE Walkman.

- Normal handsfree: the W995a comes with normal pair of headphones, SE outside the Americas ships it with noise cancelling headphones or portable speakers.

- Fragil screen: well I think this applies to any portable device with a big screen, it looks fragil lets hope it can stand a couple of falls.

i just got my w995a yesterday, i'm hoping you can help me along with getting some things set up. first looking to see what the h at the top left corner means. and what is the easest way to tranfer my music off my w810 memory card to my new phone. any help would be great thanks