What do you call your minidiscs?

Rate this topic

Guest Gray Rider

Guest Gray Rider

These are some of mine apart from artist names:

Techra Tracks - this is meant to be a futuristic suburban idea. I mostly have prog trance tracks on these. So far I'm up to 7 discs

Radiophonic Tracks - this is about vibrant electronic tracks and best sounding individual tracks. I have 5 of these

Fun Tracks - these are about sophisticated fun tracks. I'm up to 7 on these

Special Tracks - these are tracks that have a 'special' sci-fi like riff in them. I have only 1 of this

Cool Tracks - these are just about the 'coolest' tracks I have. I have 1 of this

Vinyl Tracks - these are about tracks that are available on vinyl only. I get these off of Beatport. I'm up to 12 of these

Disco Tracks - these are about fun disco tracks. I have 1

Refrigerator and Freezer - these are about tracks and albums that sound like they have come out of a cold fridge

Darkboy Tracks - these are really cool tracks that characterize a 'Darkboy' which is just an idea I had. They sound mean. I have 4

I am really happy with all of my minidiscs. They are all nearly my favourites. What do others call their MDs?

I usually name my discs for whatever them or person Im thinking of, usually my lady if its a soft rock romantic disc. Or I'll call something by a certain artist like Prince as Purple Jams or MJ as Gone Too Soon, whatever inspires the set, or Workout Jamz, stuff like that. Thats the enjoyable part of making an MD, it can be very personal, carefully chosen tracks considering the message, maybe what can inspire me to say walk or when I drive and do errands, maybe a morning disc as a pick me up and so on. In contrast to typical digital players in which you just dump a bunch of your favorites based on making a very loose radio-like set. Its just happen-chance-like selections.

Guest Gray Rider

I hate hip hop. It's disgusting. I remember listening to a p.diddy album and thinking afterward "I feel sick and dirty... I have been infected". The only thing I can tolerate is 2pac's greatest hits... but even that does make me feel a bit sick.

I hate hip hop. It's disgusting. I remember listening to a p.diddy album and thinking afterward "I feel sick and dirty... I have been infected". The only thing I can tolerate is 2pac's greatest hits... but even that does make me feel a bit sick.

No offense but it almost seems wrong doesn't it? Gangsta rap on MDs... I'm kidding but Im with you, the thuggery is sickening, especially knowing how such gangsta stuff actually kills people and hurts communities.

Guest Gray Rider

I used to be sort of vanilla. Shame really. I wish I still was. Because now I can't really get the girls that I value so greatly. And it makes me sick what Tiger Woods has been doing. Does he think he can do that stuff cause he's called 'Tiger' and a tiger can do anything and is unstoppable. I'm sorry he's not a tiger and that's no excuse. Basically I think he is a poor excuse for a human being who only like white girls and is using his reputation and meaningless kind words to obtain them...

• 2 weeks later...