Sharp MD-R2

Rate this topic

brian10161

I just bought one of these off Ebay for $25 plus s/h. It arrived and it was in excellent physical condition. Not even a scratch I could really see. No problems with it either, other than missing the remote. My pocket pc fixed that though.

I had played a few disks in it, and after about the 5th disk it started doing something weird. It would play, then just stop. I could start it again and it would keep playing. I read around and figured that maybe cleaning the head might be in order. So I did this. It took a while, but I managed to get the MD module out of the deck, clean the heads with a q-tip and alcohol and sufficient dry time.

Has been great ever since. Just wanted to share my experience with cleaning. I thought I was going to have to contact the seller, but I was glad I didn't. Got it all sorted my self :)

Here's a picture of the deck if your interested:

th_sct88.jpg

I just bought one of these off Ebay for $25 plus s/h. It arrived and it was in excellent physical condition. Not even a scratch I could really see. No problems with it either, other than missing the remote. My pocket pc fixed that though.

I had played a few disks in it, and after about the 5th disk it started doing something weird. It would play, then just stop. I could start it again and it would keep playing. I read around and figured that maybe cleaning the head might be in order. So I did this. It took a while, but I managed to get the MD module out of the deck, clean the heads with a q-tip and alcohol and sufficient dry time.

Has been great ever since. Just wanted to share my experience with cleaning. I thought I was going to have to contact the seller, but I was glad I didn't. Got it all sorted my self :)

Here's a picture of the deck if your interested:

th_sct88.jpg

Very nice, price was right too