MZ-RH1 Sonicstage does not find all the track names it can

Rate this topic

Andy1342

I'm using an MZ-RH1 to transfer old minidiscs (recorded from CD with analogue line in) onto a PC with Win XP SP3.

It is very important that the track names are written to the .wav files on the hard disc. But many are not.

I do this: in Sonicstage, I click Transfer > Net MD. The numbers of the tracks on the MD appear in the right hand window, I select them all, and click the left arrow to transfer to the PC. All goes smoothly and the .wav files arrive in the right directory. Some but not all of the .wav files have track names. If I then go in the the library inside Sonicstage, right-click one of the items without a track name and click "get CD information", the Sonicstage thinks for a bit and it CAN find the track name. However it does not change the .wav file on the hard disk.

The problem may be that these are track names where it thinks there are several alternatives for the track name (though often there are not.) If this (ie several possible alternatives) is the problem, then question is either how to make Sonicstage ask for human input with the track names before it writes to disk, or how to make it change the disk once it has had the human input.

But several alternatives may not be the problem - what is for sure is that there are names it can find, but doesn't.

Under options there are a few buttons to "get all track info" etc and these are all checked.

The bottom line is that I need the track names written into all the .Wav files. Maybe there is even a completely different software to read the database and change the .wav names?

All thoughts gratefully received!

Many thanks

Andy

1. Disable automatic track name search (Tools->Options->Get CD Info->uncheck all boxes except the first one).

2. Also, disable saving to WAV automatically during upload.

3. After uploading, go to a folder containing your uploaded tracks, but do not select any tracks. Just press the CD Info button. The program will search for information, and then display a dialog box that allows you to select names for tracks, if there are several possible options.

4. When all track names are taken care of, convert tracks to WAV manually.

And don't forget that SonicStage converts uploaded legacy recordings to Hi-SP by default (before converting them to WAV). You may wish to avoid this unneded conversion, so select PCM in Import settings.