Sony Insider Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PsychoPimpKiller

MZ-RH1 or MZ-M200 ?

Rate this topic

From what I've gathered on here they're pretty much the same but I was wondering which one to buy. I have only seen the MZ-M200 come in black but I've seen the MZ-RH1 come in black, silver and blue. What is the differences between those 3 colors? Are there other colors available for in each unit? I know it's all about personal opinion but I was wondering, which one would you recommend? Thanks and Happy Holidays.

They are exactly the same. The MZ-M200 comes with a microphone. So go by price.

I have only seen photos of the MZ-RH1 in black and silver. The color is just the color, signifying nothing else about the unit internally. If you like shiny, see if you can find a silver one. Otherwise....

Thank you. I was probably going to go with the MZ-M200 because for some reason I can find it for cheaper than an MZ-RH1. I just thought there a difference with the units being volume limited or something to that effect. I read some stuff about that on here so I was curious.

I don't know about volume limits and don't remember reading about that anywhere regarding the RH1/M200.

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Sony_MZ-RH1.html

Do you already have minidiscs that you want to play back or upload? Or are you just looking for a palm-sized PCM recorder?

Because if it's just for recording, the Sony PCM-M10 is under $300, has a 4GB internal memory, does higher-quality .wav recording and--for us minidisc habitues--even does track marking. You can just drag-and-drop recordings onto the computer--no SonicStage hurdles. I love my RH1, but its job for me is uploading old-school MDs.

Thank you. I was probably going to go with the MZ-M200 because for some reason I can find it for cheaper than an MZ-RH1. I just thought there a difference with the units being volume limited or something to that effect. I read some stuff about that on here so I was curious.

I remember reading somewhere here or on the T-Board that the silver RH1 was sold only in Japan and has a cap on the output levels. I also remember reading that this could be modified in the settings via the service mode. Most of the silver ones I see on eBay are very pricey, around $500 US with a high shipping cost bringing the total cost to as much as $550 shipped new from Japan to the US. But they sure look nice!

I picked mine (a black RH1) up from Minidisc Canada earlier this year for about $310 US and $15 US shipping.

I have not taken it out of the box yet! :-D

Here is a link to the site, it looks like they have the Black M200, but are out of stock on the Black RH1:

http://www.minidisc-...iDisc+Recorders

Dunno but their line of NetJukes probably will. I'm about to start a thread about the so-called GigaJuke, NAC-HD1.