Bug report

otiasj

Hey otiasj!

With my current database in the player, your plugin simply crashes winamp when I try to open the device...

I have an NW-HD5 with both MP3FileManager and GYM installed.

It happens when I select the <Drive>Network Walkman item in the left tree of the Media Library. No error message is shown, winamp simply closes.

Attached you can zip file with my big index file (04CNTINF.zip). I beleive that there might be something unsual with it, and that you are not predicting all the cases.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever I use ml_sony to transfer files over to my Sony NW-A3000 mp3 player, it seems to transfer the files over okay however it it crashes winamp after the files have been transferred.

Here is a screen shot of the error displayed:

untitled2ca1.png

I am using the latest version of winamp and Windows XP Professional with the latest updates.

Ok i still have the problem that no database is found on my player after updating some new songs. I had to delete the .dat files and kept 04CNTINF.DAT. deleted 1 song and its ok again.

the log and datfiles are in the attachment.

Edited by Auke

i have other problem... when i try to run winamp i see massage "problem with Winamp occured and application will be closed. Sorry for problems" when i click on "more info about error" it shows:

AppName: winamp.exe AppVer: 5.2.1.497 ModName: msvcrt.dll

ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 00032a16

when i delete ml_sony plugin it start correctly :/ with version 1.02 i haven'r had this problem...

i've written PM to you with error log

//sorry otiasj i'm going to be away, so i will check forum probably on wednesday at the evening.

Edited by Mati

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I will admit now I haven't read all of the posts on this topid, but I have read thef irst 3 pages adn last 3 pages... :unsure: So keep this in mind and please explain why I get this error message when I try play music from my NW-HD1 network player with the MP3 update.

I get "NO DATA BASE FOUND" and then if i scroll through all the menus once and end back at "Artist" list, the artists come up, I guess this is a good thing... I can continue on to the song but when I play the song I gte another error "CANNOT PLAY TRACK ERROR". :sad:

Please help me out, the pugin is for most awesome, and I can see that if you keep it up it will be awesome for all :D Cheers TYz

**Edit** Also I can play the music off my NW-HD1 with winamp and I can see it using explorer.

I just read something about protected and not protected player... I'll have a snoop around but if you have the time or a nice link to give me to explain it would be REALLY handy :D.

Cheers again, TYz

Edited by TYz

• 3 months later...

Hello,

unfortunately I have the same database error.

When starting with a fresh and clean device (except the data necessary), the first transfer works out great. when I am doing another transfer suddenly the database cannot be found. The music, however, is on the device and playable.

I start getting really crazy - what am I doing wrong or what is the fix?

Cheers

Moscho999

• 5 months later...

The only flaw I'm noticing at this point is that my playlist names seem to be scrambled in the WinAmp Library view... They're all there, and they all display/work properly on the player, but in the Library window the names of the playlists and the tracks they're associated with are mixed up. Not a serious flaw, just a little confusing at first.

Excellent product. Just not horribly easy to use, it seems, from all these complaints. No problems here, though. :) Thanks a ton! SonicStage kept me from using my HD5 for over a year, but now that I can use good old WinAmp v2.95, I'm happy.