Countdown for an RH1 -- my challenge

Rate this topic

Giant_Rick

So I finally decided to buy an RH1.

Damn, it looks so gorgeous, great features, I want it.. at least untill I can buy it with ease. I have some MDs with prerecorded musci laying in my bedroom on some shelves, and I want to use it as recorder for concerts. All in all, the same things that everyone do with this little beauty.

But damn, it's pretty expensive for me, considering that I'm a student, don't have work, no income, no rich parents.

So I thought: ''If I can save 50

Guest Talisin

Hi Giant_Rick!

I can say only one thing: keep on!!!! We'll be here supporting you!

And when you get it, maybe you share your RH1 with all of us :P Just joking.

So I finally decided to buy an RH1.

Damn, it looks so gorgeous, great features, I want it.. at least untill I can buy it with ease. I have some MDs with prerecorded musci laying in my bedroom on some shelves, and I want to use it as recorder for concerts. All in all, the same things that everyone do with this little beauty.

But damn, it's pretty expensive for me, considering that I'm a student, don't have work, no income, no rich parents.

So I thought: ''If I can save 50€ by the end of January I'll buy it with some money I have at the bank''.

So I started my own challenge.

At school I'l buy less and less food (damn, I buy a can of tea, an orange juice and a snack every day, I'm hungry at school!), on Saturday nite I'l spend less money on drinks, and I'll stop to buy newspapers/magazines.

So let's start a bet: will I reach my goal?

In this thread I'll try to update daily the situation. I need about 1,6 € a day.

Money saved as of 01/01: 2 €

The MZ-RH1 is so expensive that during the time you spare some money, just rethink of this investment. You will find for some more years a lot of cheap MD walkman (NetMD type S). The difference could be invest in something else like a second hand high-end MD deck. Myself I have a MZ-RH1 (bought second hand with jog level problem) and a MZ-NH900 (get screen and buttons problems) , I use them less and less considering that they are too easy breakable. They stay now on my desk for recording - in real time ! - and I use my MDS-B5 deck for listening. As I come back to SP mode for is universal aspect and his very good sound quality, I use a Net-MD walkman when I am outside. For me, I don't care of having more than 20 tracks of a MD. Quality of listening is more important. My second criteria is that as I live in Vietnam, I must also think of that the Hi-MD format is not anymore available now here (discs and walkman). It is still easy to find a old SP deck or above all MD boomboxes. And, if I need, some dozen of MD blanks. I will buy in the future if I need a Net-MD walkman, not a Hi-MD walkman (except the MZ-EH1) and an another deck.

Hi Giant_Rick!

I can say only one thing: keep on!!!! We'll be here supporting you!

And when you get it, maybe you share your RH1 with all of us :P Just joking.

Thanks!

I'll share my recordings with the RH1.. I hope to have some nice taping adventures!

The MZ-RH1 is so expensive that during the time you spare some money, just rethink of this investment. You will find for some more years a lot of cheap MD walkman (NetMD type S). The difference could be invest in something else like a second hand high-end MD deck. Myself I have a MZ-RH1 (bought second hand with jog level problem) and a MZ-NH900 (get screen and buttons problems) , I use them less and less considering that they are too easy breakable. They stay now on my desk for recording - in real time ! - and I use my MDS-B5 deck for listening. As I come back to SP mode for is universal aspect and his very good sound quality, I use a Net-MD walkman when I am outside. For me, I don't care of having more than 20 tracks of a MD. Quality of listening is more important. My second criteria is that as I live in Vietnam, I must also think of that the Hi-MD format is not anymore available now here (discs and walkman). It is still easy to find a old SP deck or above all MD boomboxes. And, if I need, some dozen of MD blanks. I will buy in the future if I need a Net-MD walkman, not a Hi-MD walkman (except the MZ-EH1) and an another deck.

I am buying an RH1 because it will be discontinued soon.. so I want a new one.

Minidisc were actually 'died' when I discovered them last year, it's something I can't face.. I arrived too late, even if my first mp3 player was bought in 2003, so I could have been part of the MD family for a long time.

This is my little tribute, with some nostalgia, to MD..

And the RH1 will be a great unit for taping concerts.

As for NetMD.. I like SP and LP2, in fact I use my N505 as a literally walkman, I listen to music on my way back home from school and things like these.. and in the future I'll buy a JB980 and a Hi-MD deck for sure. I will found those in the next years as well as the RH1, but it will be discontinued..

By the way I saved 7,5

http://www.numeriworld.com/lecteur-enregistreur-minidisc-sony-mzrh1-black-p-1311.html

Thanks.. I thought it would be cheaper, actually! Oh well, perhpas I'll extend this saving challenge into February as well.

First day of school. I thought I'd have bought a load of food (in fact I was hungry as hell!!), but I ended up buying a Coke.. so I saved 1

Hi Giant_Rick. Best of luck in your quest to finance an MZ-RH1, here in the UK you can still buy them 'over the counter' along with the Hi-MD discs from any Sony Centre on the high street, then there's the Amazon online store, which you have in Italy as well i guess. I can't understand people paying

Thanks for the hint, Our Kid!

Unfortunately we don't have Amazon in Italy.. I buy from UK most of the time ;-)

100% of my 'gear' bought in 2009 (MDs, books, CDs) comes from UK!

The price for the RH1 is sweet.. is it considered as an mp3 player? If so I can have this shipped because of Amazon's policy.. no blanks or mp3 players outside UK.

I had to fina a person last summer who was supposed to send me some Hi-MDs..

Thanks for the hint, Our Kid!

Unfortunately we don't have Amazon in Italy.. I buy from UK most of the time ;-)

100% of my 'gear' bought in 2009 (MDs, books, CDs) comes from UK!

The price for the RH1 is sweet.. is it considered as an mp3 player? If so I can have this shipped because of Amazon's policy.. no blanks or mp3 players outside UK.

I had to fina a person last summer who was supposed to send me some Hi-MDs..

As the ultimate MD player/recorder, RH1 read MP3. If you cannot find hi-MD, just use MD blanks Hi-MD formatted. They are cheaper...

• 3 weeks later...