hd 5 genre keeps on being repeated on player!

Rate this question

gkrayz

Question

hi there guys, id really appreciate your help on this one..

My music in SS has been edited by myself to my own genre tastes, ie rock,hard rock, pop, general rock etc..

however upon loading the files to the player, the player has repeated the genre files 2 to 3 times!!

so i have multiple hard rock genres listed, like 3 rock genres, 3 brit pop etc!!! my albums are of the same genre though mixed inbetween them!!!

please help!!

many thanks

gk

2 answers to this question

hi there guys, id really appreciate your help on this one..

My music in SS has been edited by myself to my own genre tastes, ie rock,hard rock, pop, general rock etc..

however upon loading the files to the player, the player has repeated the genre files 2 to 3 times!!

so i have multiple hard rock genres listed, like 3 rock genres, 3 brit pop etc!!! my albums are of the same genre though mixed inbetween them!!!

please help!!

many thanks

gk

Have you checked that the Genres are indeed the same? The player is case-sensitive, so for example "Hard Rock" ,"hard rock", "Hard rock" and "hard Rock" would all be listed as different genres on the player.

If this is the problem - as I suspect - the best thing to do would be to use some sort of mass-tagging program (such as 'mp3 tag tools') which allows you to select multiple files, enter the genre name once and then write it to all files. This cuts down on any problems in genre-splitting due to case typos.

Another problem that I usually face into is having spaces after the genre / album / artist....

For instance

"Hard Rock"

is different than

"Hard Rock "

If you are using windows xp you can tag multiple mp3 files at the same time, normalizing the tags.