MDS JBS980 problem with Windows 7

Rate this topic

robertcohen

Hello

I have been unsuccessful in trying to get my 64bit version of Windows 7 to connect up to this device, the CD that came with the product seems to be out of date as several key OCX files refuse to register so applications like OpenMG will not run.

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has sucucessfully managed to get this smart bit of kit working.

I was looking for some software that would allow me to use my Deck and moves files from Windows to a MD on the deck.

Otherwise I was going to try and find a program that would allow me to transfer music, add titles etc from my laptop to my portable non NetMD MZ R900 unit.

I have been unable to find drivers, software or even JB980 specific apps/tools anywhere.

It be great if I could ask for some assistence from anyone who has managed to get round this tricky issue.

If I copy from laptop to deck is USB better then SDIF Toslink cable?

thanks.

You won't succeed.

One simple route - go back and get the premium version of 7.

Another - get Virtual Box or VMWare (however no idea how that coexists with 7 - badly is my guess)

In either case you would run the 32-bit Windows specially to allow SonicStage/Drivers to work.

It's not a specific issue for the 980, but one that applies to ALL NetMD products. The drivers simply do NOT work in W64.

Sorry.

The last question you raise is an interesting one. Many people believe that the type-R processing (forget Type-S that's on playback only, and only LP modes) only kicks in for real-time recording. OTOH the power of CPU's may mean that the on-PC encoding does a better job. The one thing I have learned is this: don't go via WAV files on the PC unless you know exactly what you're doing - the result is way worse than would be expected (assuming that you used Sonic Stage to rip the CD to WAV files), for reasons that are currently still unclear. via Atrac Advanced Lossless works fine (at least for me).