Sony X Series Discontinued... Or Not?

Rate this question

sel00264

Question

I have been waiting to see what Sony would put out this year in terms of a replacement for the E, S and X series (for the U.S.). So far, the new E350 series, compared with the E450 to be released for Europe is an overwhelming disappointment, only available in 4 or 8gb, with less features than the EU version. There has been no S series announcement yet, but hopefully soon, as there has to be a new 16gb model, which is what I was hoping for with the E series as I don't care for external speakers. Then there is the X series, which has been discontinued everywhere but here apparently. It still sells for the same outrageous price of a year ago on Sony's website, with seemingly no indication of being discontinued. So is there going to be any new X series device coming? I would actually prefer the A series, but that is only available in Europe. For someone who has used Walkman's for a long long time, I don't understand why Sony has to make it so damn hard to continue making it worthwhile to continue using them.

2 answers to this question

Yes the device has been discontinued in most markets except the US. It is no longer on sale in europe or canada as far as I know.

If there is to be a new S series, an announcement should come soon, end of august, early september. If anything, perhaps sony will unveil something at IFA this year.