A live recording to share here

Rate this topic

Soundbox

I have just completed a live recording of a solo classical guitar playing a specially composed piece of music (lasts around 4 minutes). I am actually quite pleased with it and would like to share with you - and your feedback on the technical side of things would be great also.

I made the recording on my MZ-R30 in SP using a Sony stereo mic and 'high' sensitivity setting. My only small gripes is the faint hiss I get. I am not sure if this is the microphone or MD recorder mic stage - so any help on this matter would be good. Also, the sound is perhaps a little on the thin side. I can apply EQ (like studios do I think) and with the smallest tweak I get a good sound - the only thing is my graphic equalizer (an old Realistic one) adds more hiss.

I am not after perfection but your thoughts on the recording would be appreciated.

Also, how do I get the music out of the MD and into to share with you? If it is complicated, a link would be fine. Bear in mind I have a rather weak computer :blush:

Thanks, Ian

• 2 weeks later...

As it has proven not possible to extract the music from my MD recorder what I can do is send out a copy of the MD to anyone in the UK who is interested to hear it. I can pay postage one way and just ask you to return it to me after you have listened. I would send abroad but postage will be prohibitive, so UK only I am afraid. It is a specially composed classical guitar work lasting several minutes and if you enjoy the guitar and MD recordings it is worth a listen.

Too bad. I'd like to help if I can. I frequently send a bare MD to my aged papa from here to England and it costs about 2-3 bucks. Uploading it to digital form should be no problem for anyone with an RH1.

If someone in UK with an RH1 is interested, maybe that person can upload from MD, and we can all share it. Otherwise I'm happy to volunteer to get it put in the site here.

Stephen

I'll be glad to upload your recording to a .wav file for you. PM me and I'll give you my address. Hopefully I can then email you the wav file back - you can clean up the wav file with something like Audacity. Perhaps then Stephen (sfbp) will be kind enough to host it on this site...

You could also 'upload' your recording using your R30. It has a pretty decent line out, there's instructions for doing that See under "Net MD + Older MD units".