Broken NWZ-A828 Walkman

Rate this question

plata0190

Question

Hi i am new in this forum ;)

I have a A828 now broken that sounds more detailed and highs are higher than the new A series.

In the new A series the sound is less brilliant: each music instrument is not so separate and not easily distinguishable from the overall music.

But the problem i have is the volume: seems there is a volume limit. I bought it in italy.

I entered in the Service Menu and the SP function still be ON: can't deactivate it or maybe i don't know how :)

I seen on the net there is another combination to enter in test mode or limit the volume cap: it is:

home screen - turn hold ON - right - left - volume up - volume down - right - left - option - back - option - back

But i tryed it and it doesn't enter in it..

Maybe the volume limit is made by hardfware? maybe with a resistor o an impedance into the HP plug?

PS: why Sony decided to lose the DAC Gain function in their new A series Service Menus?

2 answers to this question

Hi

when i press hard the yoypad the screen goes into artifacts with grey liness and with color offsets. Then reboot.

I putted CRC contact cleaner now it doesn't not turn on the secreen is dead.

blue led blinked faintly without wire the 2 boards: only if the battery was plugged.

PS: now doesn' not blink more and the battery was 3.3 V

Now i went to the support repairing and they told me repair is not available because on these models (A828) rthere are not parts to replace.

Must buy only a new product at 120 euros.

Or I can find on ebay the board replace.

Anyone know if in internet can find the board replace for this model NWZ-A828 ? :)