HELP. Need to disassemble RM-MC33EL remote control for Sony MZ-N10

Rate this topic

Pimp924

Try google translate, I got this:

http://translate.google.ca/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwemd.kr%2Fphp%2Fboard.php%3Fboard%3Dmdtnfl%26page%3D1%26sort%3Dhit%26command%3Dbody%26no%3D30%26nohit%3D1%26replafter%3D1%26backstepnum%3D2%26itnocache%3D1300882814%26%23repfocus1

The pictures tell you all you need to know, actually. Sequence is: pop the end off (hopefully without damaging), remove the two metal retaining pieces, pull off the rotary control, remove spring, remove plastic trim with 'Sony' logo, remove two tiny screws, and finally remove larger screw at the cable end. Carefully prise open the casing using a thin plastic tool, hopefully without breaking all the plastic clips. Reassembly is obviously the reverse.

I damaged several remote controls until I finally got the right tools and the right techniques to open a remote without breaking it and/or making it obvious it had been opened. And don't spray the rotary contacts with WD40 as suggested, just wipe with a cotton bud soaked in alcohol or methylated spirits. Make sure you lubricate these contact points again, I use petroleum jelly.

And good luck - you will definitely need it.

Jim

<Sequence is: pop the end off (hopefully without damaging), remove the two metal retaining pieces, pull off the rotary control, remove spring, remove plastic trim with'Sony' logo, remove two tiny screws>.

I'm interested at this moment in images from the Korean resourceThis Link, which because of poor quality is difficult to understand. Could you send me pictures of disassembly process, if you have some?

• 11 months later...