SonicStage does not convert to atrac

Rate this topic

fac133

First of all, I want to say hello to everybody.

I have some concerns using SonicStage. in a few words, SS doesn't convert some mp3 files to atrac format. it genreates a .oma file but when reproducing it there is no sound.

I have anNW-A808 mp3 player and I am using SS 4.3 Ultimate Edition (downloaded from this forum) on Win7. when I transfer file with their original format there is no problem but when I try to convert it to atrac and then transfer, the SS converts the files but some of them haver no sound. everything is corrent on the mp3 player: cover, song info, song lenght but there is no sound. I have read that it's not possible to convert VBR files but this problem also apeared on some CBR mp3 files. for sure the only mp3 files converted correctly to atrac are CBR but some CBR mp3 files are not converted correctly. I tried to convert the VBR and bad-CBR files to CBR but it doesn't work. when the an mp3 was not converted correctly if I reencode the file it neither can be converted correctly. maybe I am doing something wrong. do you kenw why some files are not converted properly? which format must have the mp3 file to be converted correctly to atrac?

thank you in advance.

Hello there and welcome.

Sonic Stage tends to cache things. You can suppress some of this behaviour by telling to to delete all temporary files.

However when something goes wrong, to be sure you must actually delete the entry from SS database (no need to zap the original MP3 of course!) and re-add the file (after first making sure there is not a bad converted file lying where SS expects to put your conversions - again in the configuration for SS).

Hope this helps.

Note: there is no point in converting to Atrac then MP3, I think. The MP3 files should exist in SonicStage as themselves. Therein lies another messy thing - some players add metadata to MP3 files, and SonicStage thinks the original file is gone. But check the simple things first.

Thanks for your help.

I did all your recommendations: delete temporary files, delete the entry from SS database and re-add files (I always do this when modifying mp3 files) and delete all metadata in mp3 files but it still dosen't work. seems that when SS dosen't like an mp3, any new file I create re-encondig that file dosen't neither work. I tryed re-encoding and deleting metadata, deleting metadata and re-encoding and never worked. I don't kow what to do.

I want to convert the mp3 files to atrac because some albums are gaples but SS doen't want to work properly. I don't know what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help.

I did all your recommendations: delete temporary files, delete the entry from SS database and re-add files (I always do this when modifying mp3 files) and delete all metadata in mp3 files but it still dosen't work. seems that when SS dosen't like an mp3, any new file I create re-encondig that file dosen't neither work. I tryed re-encoding and deleting metadata, deleting metadata and re-encoding and never worked. I don't kow what to do.

I want to convert the mp3 files to atrac because some albums are gaples but SS doen't want to work properly. I don't know what to do.

That was always the issue with Sony and sonicstage. Personally I believe in burning tracks directly from CDs so I can kind of see the logic in building in restrictive procedures on the end user. Unfortunately most of the world doesn't seem to care about doing things 'the right way' instead preferring to mass consume mp3 files like there was no tomorrow.

Not saying you are guilty of it by any means. I'm just pointing out the huge problem facing the music industry today, of which Sony is acutely aware of. Apple of course has no qualms as long as they can extract their money from you in creative ways.