How can I remove EU volume limit or NWZ-B152F walkman ?

Rate this question

dchrys

Question

Hello everybody.

Just bought a NWZ-B152F MP3 player after reading a couple of (non-EU) reviews. I should have checked better because the device is not loud enough, even with a pair of good quality Senheiser earphones. If anyone knows how to enter to the service mode of the device or otherwise remove the EU volume limit I would appreciate some instructions.

Regards,

-=dchrys=-

2 answers to this question

Sorry to barge in here, this is not really my game but you say "even with a pair of good quality Senheiser (sic) headphones". Are you sure that's not itself the real problem, trying to drive some relatively heavy duty cans with a small output? I agree the shipped phones with Sony's units these days are rather variable, but their older default cans are mostly OK, as long as they have a gold-plated jack.

The service mode is probably accessible but even if you can get into it (at least on my NWZ S754) there doesn't seem to be a way of changing things - ie the recipe we have maybe only allows us to VIEW the service info but not change it.

Listening to a bruckner symphony on my EH70 MD and no shortage of sound there whatever. Long live minidisc.

Welcome to the forums!

Well, I have tried 5-6 different earphone sets that perform well (as far as the volume is concerned) on any other device I have. The volume output of NWZ-B152F is low with all of them :-( It is a pity, because it is a decent tiny player in all other aspects.

I should have investigated better the very generous offer at the store today: NWZ-B152F walkman + genuine Sony arm band for just