Help in finding registration code

Rate this question

Jeff R

Question

I just bought the Vaio VPCCB190X and I registered it and everything. So far so good it works great and I am very happy with it. My problem though is with Sony Internet essentials website, internet.sony.tv/customer. I have used this site to register my sony tv and blu-ray player, but when I tried to do so with my Vaio laptop, I can't do it. For each product it asks for a registration code and I easily obtained it for the television and the blu-ray player. However for my laptop it has been elusive. It tells you that the code is hidden inside the Media Gallery software program. The thing is when I had my computer built I asked for fresh start, so I didn't receive the Media Gallery software. I asked Sony on how to get it and they said you can only get it when they first build the computer. I then went looking around and it was suggested that I send back the computer and have a new one made, without Fresh Start being used. Well that isn't really an option I want.

My question is, how do you find the code if you don't have Media Gallery software. I am surprised this isn't mentioned somewhere, as I can't be the only person that asked for fresh start. Anyway I am hoping someone here can help me, before I try calling sony vaio support over the phone. Thank you very much for your help and quick response.

Jeff

3 answers to this question

I have nothing against calling Sony. I even went to the Sony store in my area and they said to call. It

is just I found this site and I thought I see if anybody knew the answer to my question. I didn't

have a lot of time to spend on the phone today and thought there might be a wait, with the holiday weekend

just ending. Plus I did contact sony online support and they couldn't answer my question, said to contact

internet essentials support. However he neglected to give me a number or how to contact them. So like

I said I thought I try here first.

This is very strange, the third Sony Vaio post in 3 days and never seen anything like this before.

What on earth is so dangerous about calling Sony Help?