Sony Hi-MD Music Transfer and Mac Snow Leopard

Rate this topic

dorigatti

Hi all. I have a Sony MZ-RH1. Can't transfer files to my MacBook running OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard. Is there a driver I can download? Or, better still, a third party software package that lets me transfer my MD files? Sony Hi-MD Music Transfer version 2.0 does not work. I get the message: Device/Media nor connected, even though the MZ-RH1 is connected via USB and the battery gets charged and the MZ-RH1 goes into transfer mode.

What other options do I have? Play the tracks on the MZ-RH1 and connect a mini plug to the MZ-RH1 headphone jack/line out and to Mac sound-in and and record? Best software for doing this?

I'm really ignorant and any help would be much appreciated.

Carlo

• 2 months later...

Hi Carlo,

I've just encountered the same problem. System recognizes my mz-m100 as an external drive, but my v2.0 hi-MD Music Transfer client app will not recognize -or is not associated with- the minidisc device.

Did you ever find a resolution? Looks like I have some digging around to do...

Hi all. I have a Sony MZ-RH1. Can't transfer files to my MacBook running OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard. Is there a driver I can download? Or, better still, a third party software package that lets me transfer my MD files? Sony Hi-MD Music Transfer version 2.0 does not work. I get the message: Device/Media nor connected, even though the MZ-RH1 is connected via USB and the battery gets charged and the MZ-RH1 goes into transfer mode.

What other options do I have? Play the tracks on the MZ-RH1 and connect a mini plug to the MZ-RH1 headphone jack/line out and to Mac sound-in and and record? Best software for doing this?

I'm really ignorant and any help would be much appreciated.

Carlo

• 3 months later...