MZ-RH1 which country version?

Rate this topic

h_fireage

Hello guys..

I already have a mz-nh1 and quite happy with it...But would like to have a brand new rh1 too...

There are lots of sellers on e-bay and amazon...however on amazon I dont know for what reason they cost like $500+!!!

I found some sellers on ebay with much less charge...here are some of them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3f0c6d9eb1

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=150603687364

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item1e657fd8f4

----------

As you can see most of them are from china and hong kong...not saying chinese versions have lesser quality, but due to my own experience with NH1 some of those recorders from eastern countries like japan have japanese language interface on both remote and the main unit...also cd rom was japanese...

I contact with some of those sellers and most of them claim that the interface, the software and the manual are in english but they dont answer all of my questions properly...

Here is the seller on first link describes his product as this: "The LCD menu can be changed to English!!! and will be supplied with English operating instructions. Supplied AC adaptor will work at 100 to 240 volts (worldwide)."

I

:help:

I have a grey MZ-RH1 bought in Vietnam but coming from japanese market. The menu are in english and I did not even notice a langage menu before. Sadly I cannot give you more help as it have joggel problems that do not allowed me to navigate easily in the menu again. That could be an answer to you though, english menu is included in asiatic MZ-RH1. I rode somewhere that the 3 lines remote have japanes characters capabilities, that does not mean the MZ-RH1 has japanese or chinese capabilities itself . Never bought anything from eBay Hong Kong myself. I am searching for a MZ-RH1 myself, but one with lens or inside mechanic problem so I can make a GOOD MZ-RH1 with 2 units.

• Like 1

I have a grey MZ-RH1 bought in Vietnam but coming from japanese market. The menu are in english and I did not even notice a langage menu before. Sadly I cannot give you more help as it have joggel problems that do not allowed me to navigate easily in the menu again. That could be an answer to you though, english menu is included in asiatic MZ-RH1. I rode somewhere that the 3 lines remote have japanes characters capabilities, that does not mean the MZ-RH1 has japanese or chinese capabilities itself . Never bought anything from eBay Hong Kong myself. I am searching for a MZ-RH1 myself, but one with lens or inside mechanic problem so I can make a GOOD MZ-RH1 with 2 units.

Thank you

Yes buying from ebay is a bit risky but those seller mentioned have good customer feedback...I also find another seller with good price in australia...But cant communicate with them they didnt answer my emails yet...

http://www.everestauction.com.au/products/Sony-MZ%252dRH1-Hi%252dMD-Walkman-Black.html?setCurrencyId=3

So, do you know some good sellers other than on e-bay or amazon? preferably in US?

So, do you know some good sellers other than on e-bay or amazon? preferably in US?

I bought mine from Minidisc Canada, now called PausePlayStop

Here is the url.

These are NEW items:

http://pauseplaystop.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&cat=MiniDisc+Recorders

Good luck!

All RH1's are made in Malaysia IIRC.

I bought my second RH1 from MiniDisc Canada too; best price, reasonable worlwide shipping & friendly staff. Recommended.

I'm not sure all of them are made in malaysia...pic attached...

BTW, youre from france...Didnt have any issue with main supply...Did it came with a 110-220 50/60hz switching adaptor?

Mac compatible cd rom is inside?

Thank you...

post-126309-0-95551600-1313446897_thumb.

post-126309-0-20433900-1313446921_thumb.

There are NO new RH1's available through any retail channel any more. You may get a new one from an individual, or some closing out sale.

For a year or so, Sony has only stocked the channel with the MZ-M200, supposedly in the Mac-supported line (yeah, I know, Macs are always more expensive so they can get away with that). In reality you are paying almost $100 for a microphone. Said microphone can be bought cheaply if you steer clear of fakes, for under $20.

I'd be inclined to look on yahoo japan. Where are you located?

It even doesnt have wire so you have to attach it directly to the player which would result in recording the player's mechanical noises I think...

Not true. It comes (even a "fake" one, about which I am FAR from convinced) with an extender that makes it quite convenient to use. I have 2, one is 3 feet long and rubber but quite flexible; the other is canvas covered and 4 feet long.

Very strange, none of those auction pages will translate (they always used to). I wonder what happened to my PC? Or did they fix it on purpose? Hope your Japanese is good :closedeyes:

Not true. It comes (even a "fake" one, about which I am FAR from convinced) with an extender that makes it quite convenient to use. I have 2, one is 3 feet long and rubber but quite flexible; the other is canvas covered and 4 feet long.

Very strange, none of those auction pages will translate (they always used to). I wonder what happened to my PC? Or did they fix it on purpose? Hope your Japanese is good :closedeyes:

Thank you

Do you recommend this seller?

http://www.3dhdgear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MZ-M200

• 1 month later...

It has been reported by many that the difference on this machine is trivial. And not recommended to hack unless you are extremely determined.

Maybe you should try the headphones included? Or buy a headphone amp.

Hi,

I eventually did this hack:

The diffrence is very noticeable(switched to code 01 north US/Canadian ver.)...Now iits as loud as my NH1 chinese ver. The hack took just 1-2 minuts...Now im happy with it

The only problem with the unit is sometimes when i try to change the custom eq setting on the remote I get a blank sceern(not the whole display but the part the eq bars should lit up and blinking fo change particular frequency) to correct this i should push the plat/enter buttom right when the "CUSTOM" apears on the display...not when the 6 bars are blinking..

(I hope I explained understandably)

I have had the issue both before and after the hack :unsure:

Thank you