Sharp NetMD SonicStage+ File transfer

fengari

Sucess at last

Well done. I remember going through roughly the same set of machinations when I first tried to do something like this.

Thank you for all your assistance and great patience.

I'm just pleased it worked.

I will either post a separate version for Sharp, or more likely modify the standard version to continue being the world's largest omnibus USB driver. Thank you for persisting because it helps everyone who comes after you, too.

I think what cracked it finally was that I noticed that somewhere in the process the modified NETMD760 file had become corrupted. Under %NETMUSB device... modification the referencse to Sharp at the end of each modified line had disapeared. As soon I reinserted them Hey presto it worked. The correct modification is shown in my post of 7/1/12 - copy of amended file. I hope this may assist in helping others.

Once again many thanks

We should probably add a few things into that file, and I guess I will also upload my modified NETMD052.INF as well. There are still a few units missing, such as the ATRAC/SonicStage capable NWZ series of which I am about to acquire one, so there's no panic on this......

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I've hit problems which I think are related to SS

1. Sharp MD via my Win 7 64 bit PC. I cannot transfer any kind of audio file. SS attempted to transfer but then shows an error message stating that file(s) cannot be transferred. None of these files have beeen transferred before. The same result using my old XP PC

2. Sony MZ-N707 (which I have borrowed) - initially the same problem with Win7. However I sucessfully transferred a file using SS on my old XP PC. I was then able to sucessfully load other files via SS on my Win 7. It is almost as if SS needed to be kick started.

Your help would again be much appreciated.

Tony

Different problem.

As a start, remove the files (you didn't say what KIND of file) from the database (not from the computer, just from SS) and re-add them.

Since many files have to be converted depending on your destination you may have a problem, but it's more likely that the database is corrupt. If there's not too many, do it this way. But if it's massive we may be able to help you validate it online.

Most of all, tell us the types and exact NAMES of the files. If they need conversion it may be that the conversion directory is full or doesn't exist.

SHARP MD - I deleted all the files from SS. I then imported just one MP3 track ripped from a CD. No tracks from this CD have been transferred previously. The file appeared to convert OK but then failed to transfer to MD. The error message stated unable to convert. I also tried a self recorded backing track recorded on Audacity and saved as an MP3 but still got the same result.

SONY MD - both tracks transferred OK albeit a bit slowly.

OK, so that means there's something weird about the MP3's you are trying to use.

Here's 1 clue - many MP3 software players will CHANGE the file after/during playing it. So the problem is now, that Sonic Stage does not like the file changing behind its back.

Here's a second clue - it's possible that conversion of ANY kind is failing because you need space (specified in Sonic Stage configuration somewhere. Now you know what you're looking for, I am sure you will find it). on the HD to store the temporary "optimized files" before sending them to the NetMD. It may well be that there is no room, or permissions are wrong, or (most likely) the location specified there simply doesn't exist. Try checking that, and pointing to somewhere that does, that you have permission to write to. Note, SS should always be run by an administrator (or at LEAST Power User) because of the permissions problem.

• 4 months later...