Sonicstage "hangs" during file transfer

bazrice

Hello all.

This is my first post so I am sorry if I am in the wrong place or if I am repeating a topic from elsewhere on the forum.

I am running Sonicstage 4.3 ultimate (from this site) on a pc running Windows 7 Home Premium.

All seemed to be well and good, it recognised my MZ-NH1 and allowed me to initialise the discs, but when I transfer cds from my pc to the disc, it pauses for several minutes after transferring 5 or 6 tracks. I remember on my old XP pc it would take maybe an hour to transfer 20-25 cd's worth of music, where now it takes a couple of hours.

I am new to all this so am I missing something obvious?

Thanks very much for any comments or help :)

Are you trying to make HiMD disks or NetMD disks?

If the latter you have to get rid of the driver installed by SS and put in the 64-bit driver from the downloads section.

If the former you need to go and set the Disc Mode on the unit itself (to HiMD) so that it doesn't keep dropping into NetMD mode and causing the driver to crash because you didn't install the right one.

• 8 months later...

Hello all.

This is my first post so I am sorry if I am in the wrong place or if I am repeating a topic from elsewhere on the forum.

I am running Sonicstage 4.3 ultimate (from this site) on a pc running Windows 7 Home Premium.

All seemed to be well and good, it recognised my MZ-NH1 and allowed me to initialise the discs, but when I transfer cds from my pc to the disc, it pauses for several minutes after transferring 5 or 6 tracks. I remember on my old XP pc it would take maybe an hour to transfer 20-25 cd's worth of music, where now it takes a couple of hours.

I am new to all this so am I missing something obvious?

Thanks very much for any comments or help :)

i have dell dimension 3100 impty all in it and put window 7 upgrade memory up to 4 gb and my net md and sonicstage update and works fine go on Thom,Guide and whrite sonicstage update and??? have a good day

look im not sure but i know it s not easy with sony i have the walkman net md mz-n510 type-s with window pro was easy but with window7 get update from thom s guide in google and u will get it fast and it will work s depending of what u whant to do, its a good walkman and dependable so look and fine that why im here to tell look look look have a good day