Skipping while playing

Rate this topic

aghi

• 1 year later...

I don't have any experience adjusting player-only models. Most of them either work or not. Skipping when I HAVE seen it means the read power needs adjusting (on read/write models).

I have a couple that recorders have have problems trying to read disks. Sometimes just opening & closing the recorder improves the disk reads. I would like to try adjusting is there any info on how?

Unless the insides of your units are extremely dirty, dusty, or gritty, I would expect the problem to be the read laser which is failing on the E501. If you are in the UK I can look at it for you for a small fee, but to be honest these players have low resale values so you can probably pick one up on ebay for very little anyway. You don't mention your recorder model numbers, so I can't give any specifics, but generally replacing a disc, or just open/shutting the case, rarely gets around a problem with the mechanics - the problem comes back again at some point, usually sooner rather than later.

Jim