Sony Insider Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZosoIV

WANTED: Sony MDS-JB940 Deck

Rate this topic

Sold one of these on eBay several years ago and still regret it. If anybody has an excellent-to-mint condition JB940 (or 980, for that matter), I would be willing to pay a good price, plus shipping and PayPal fees. PM me if interested.

Thanks for the heads-up! I just recently paid for a MDS-JB940, however - somebody on Head-Fi was selling one, in mint condition, along with 94 used discs. The $150USD asking price made the deal even better! Looking forward to a long-awaited return to MD when the parcels arrive later this week.

I still can't believe I ever sold my original deck in the first place, back in 2006. All is well, however - now that MD isn't "cool" anymore, it cost me much less to "buy it back," even adjusted for six years of inflation, and I had nowhere near 94 discs on my person when finally selling my original lot of discs in 2006. I find the format to be no less useful in 2012 than it was back when I got into it in the 90's - for home recordists, it really was the peak of consumer audio technology.

150 USD for a a mint JB940 by itself has to be the deal of the year so far. Toss in 94 MDs and it's almost like stealing! ;-)

Nice. Congrats. Good luck with the unit.

I look at it as if slightly overpaid for 94 discs - unless there are some funky ones in there.

Of course, getting a mint JB940 thrown in for free would help you deal with that!

;)

Either way, very nice outcome.

:)