Can Hi-MD equipment be used as a Net MD ?

Rate this topic

Hi all , i have both Hi-MD devices , mz-nh1 and mz-rh1 and a bunch of old Std-MD devices those are not Net-MDs .

The question now is , can i download (sp,lp2,lp4) on a std-md using a HiMD machine to be able to play them on a non-HiMD machine , and how ?

Thx in advc

Thanks for ur reply , actually i've installed Sonicstage v4.4 (idk if a previous version is better) or if it what corrupts the process , SS can't recognize the MZ-RH1 if i set it to ( Mode : MD mode ) , but i still can reformat it in Hi-MD and it will work .

Another problem is that i can't seem to reformat it in Std-MD original MD format by the device once it got formatted in HiMD .

I don't know where you got 4.4 from - but AFAIK versions after 4.3 (eg 5.x now part of X-app) are only available in Japanese. However I do NOT think they are (fully?) backwards compatible with MD units. It would not surprise me at all that 4.4 does not support NetMD out of the box. But probably with drivers (what version of Windows are you using), you can make it work. Very likely you are running 64-bit Windows 7, so you need the (64-bit) driver from our site.

Also, the 4.3 you can download here has a lot of the later fixes such as you will find in 4.4 and 5.x already included in it, thanks to the work of Avrin. So I think you should forget 4.4 and go back to the version in our download section.

Thanks alot , it works now and the problem seems to be Win7 64 , or SS 4.4 or simply their combination .

Idk why i stuck with SS 4.4 i remember reading that before it only supports Hi-MD units >>> maybe wikipedia , anyways on WinXP SS 4.3 everything looks fine .

Seems that doesn't get me 4.4, only the drivers which are included in it. These drivers have been included by Avrin (notice his name in the post at the end of that thread) in his version of SS4.3 ("Ultimate") which we have here and strongly recommend for your use. In fact the link is broken, so I am no further ahead. I would guess that there's no particular restriction on NetMD, but I have been wrong many times. If the package you have includes drivers like NETMD052.SYS, then it's reasonable to assume I'm correct, however, and that what you need is NETMD760.SYS for your Windows64 machine (another guess!).

edit: I see from re-reading (mea culpa) that you are OK with WInXP.... so not to worry.

Stephen