Sony RH1, the selling price increases

Rate this topic

sescoscuba

• 8 months later...

I don't think many are actually selling at those prices. The same ones keep showing up for sale at crazy high numbers over and over. I agree I have three which were all purchased two or more years ago at around $300 USD. Two are still new in boxes!

I don't think many are actually selling at those prices. The same ones keep showing up for sale at crazy high numbers over and over. I agree I have three which were all purchased two or more years ago at around $300 USD. Two are still new in boxes!

Oh thanks, how much do you want for one of the new MZ-RH1?

I got one with some Hi-MD problems but look at the price :good:

62,50€ + shipping 15€ !!!

The device does not work perfectly !! He is still able to read and record standard MD but has some problems in the shuffle and recording in Hi-MD. It makes a noise and can no longerfind easily the location on disk. Aesthetically, the unit has only very slight traces of use. It comes with all original accessories: SONY RM-MC38EL - Backlit LCD remote control, earphones,optical cable, rechargeable batteryLIP-4WM, charger with European power plug (free UK power plug on request), USB cable, drawstring pouch and instructions in French.

Oh thanks, how much do you want for one of the new MZ-RH1?

No plans to sell at this point, although it is a shame for them to sit around unused. I am currently "babying" my silver Japanese released model and use it three to four days a week for four to six hours per day only for playback, it is still in new looking condition and functions perfectly. I suspect there has to be some wear to internal components after such use for three+ years.

On second thought, all offers of $1499 USD will be accepted immediately! ;-)

Hi P.

do you ve changed the shell of the silver rh1?

have a nice day

Hi Sergio,

Jim has one pair of black RH1 lids as spare, so maybe he could arrange that. I will see all the work he done in July, like your MD blanks ! Both units will work as a charm I hope.

The grey lids have scratches, as you can see again on this pictures. With the fur, the unit was looking great to me.

grey2y.jpg

grey1g.jpg

p10100862.jpg

p10100852.jpg

i know the prices are growing way to high.I´ve been lucky to get one for 20€ and one for 50€.And i also own a M200 which i got for about 80€ from the US.All complete with boxes etc.By the way did anybody know the box of the M200 is way smaller than the RH1´s one?

Don´t ask how i did this..I was just at the right place for the right time. Fortunately they all work ..

But the 20€ RH1 has its left OLED half dimmed.. so it´s just a listening toy for me :P

• 2 weeks later...

ah the same guy with this one earlier in the thread -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Walkman-MZ-RH1-Personal-MiniDisc-Player-/181136514915?pt=UK_CE_Portable_Audio_Portable_CD_Players_ET&hash=item2a2c93df63

has reduced the price ---- wait for it ----- by £60 from £860.

still wants £10 postage. Thats what's probably putting people off hehe

By my reckoning he maybe come down to a good price in maybe a year

• 3 weeks later...

Why is the price of this recorder so unbelievably high? Is it it's rarity, or does it provide better recording quality?

As stated on the previous page and elsewhere, because of the 'legacy' uploading capability of this unit, particularly for prized SP format recordings. Pretty much the only reason for getting the RH1 really. No other MD recorder/player can do that.

As stated on the previous page and elsewhere, because of the 'legacy' uploading capability of this unit, particularly for prized SP format recordings. Pretty much the only reason for getting the RH1 really. No other MD recorder/player can do that.

yes not tough enough to use as a portable & also too unique and irreplaceable & now not made any more, for casual use. One of the reason I still bother with minidisc