Sony MZ-DH10P Demo Mode

Rate this topic

davidallan

After 5 years of heavy use the original battery in my DH10P stopped taking a charge (5 years seems a good lengh of time for Li-Ion battey use). I put the unit in the charger without a disc in it and after about 20 seconds the screen came to life in Demo Mode and runs a little programme for about 30 seconds showing off the mindisc's features.

I had never seen this before and is obviously for use in stores to show off the unit. To stop just eject from the charger

If you want to see yours do this remove the battery and disc and put it in the charging crade with power and leave it for 20 seconds and up comes the screen with the demo.

My unit is American so cannot vouch for it working on EU units.

Cheers

Allan

• 3 months later...

Amazingly one of these turned up at our Cash Converters with case and charger with a price of £15 and I missed it by 2 minutes. I hope my luck improves this year.

Tough luck. Keep looking as I've seen mindisc's in CC as well.

Last one I saw recently was NHC 600 HiMd for £12.

Allan

• 1 year later...

Last night i even saw my NH3D demoing :o

OK i was not already sleeping ; just looking at the 40EL remote and thats when i saw "Demo"

After some sec of dumb looking i pressed play and there was no disc in it.

I think its getting done another way then with the DH10p because i´ve just tried and it donßt come up.

Anybody got an idea how to do this ?

ps: my original LIP4 from the NH3D don´t charge anymore.. i think maybe thats why it went into demo ?