Optical CD Recording From MP3 CD Wont Work

Rate this topic

Kona702

Hello helpful folks,

I have a question.

I prefer to record optically from a CD to the MD in HI-SP mode, rather than transfer tracks from sonicstage to the MD. For some reason it sounds better like this to me.

I was over a friends house and they had a lot of music on their computer that I liked. So I quickly installed sonicstage on their computer and burned 38 songs to a CD in MP3 format because I didn't have the USB cord for my RH10 with me. When I got home I put the CD in my Sony CD/DVD Changer Model# DVP-NC655P that is capable of playing MP3 CD's. I started the recording with the optical cable attached and the RH10 said "no digital copy."

Does anyone know a way around this rather than burning 3 regular audio CD's and recording optically from them? I am baffled as to why I can record a factory CD unlimited times, but an MP3 CD wont record at all due to some kind of SCMS (Serial Copy Management System). Retarded!

Does sonicstage encode MP3 cd's with some kind of SCMS? Would the RH10 allow the recording from MP3 CD if I burned them with another program? Or are all MP3 cd's played with a Sony CD player flagged with copy protection to the MD?

Anyone's help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sean