sony mds s37 HELP

Rate this topic

droug

HALLO IM VAGELIS FROM GREECE.I HAVE SONY MDS S37.IT HAS A PROBLEM THAT I WANT TO KNOW IF IT CAN BE FIXED.EVERY TIME I PRESS A BOTTON ON THE FRONT DISPLAY IT DOES ONLY THE MOVE OF PLAY MODE BOTTON(PROGRAM-SHUFFLE).REMOTE CONTROL DO NOT WORK.IF SOME ONE CAN HELP ME IT WILL BE GREAT!

THANKS

• 1 month later...

It sounds like the main board in the front panal is not working well; its a common problem, especially on MD walkmans. but decks like the MDSS37 not so much.

You push a button and it will do a different function?, ie you press DISPLAY BUTTON and it will change the PLAY MODE or you push PAUSE and it will go into RECORD mode, stuff like that, some buttons will do each others functions., this will also explain why the remote will not work either, as the IR sensor is on the same board so if its faulty the remote will not work, you can try get it serviced but the chance of sony having spare parts is slim, you may have to track them down your self on the net; I am currently doing that now finding a record head for my Minidisc machine.

regards Aaron

• 2 weeks later...