VPCF115FM Issues After Windows 8 Pro

Rate this question

BnSeliim

Question

HELLO VAIOers

I have a VPCF115FM since 2010; as some of you may know how good is this machine :)

I bought an original Windows 8 DVD from www.microsoft.com and made a clean installation, then installed the drivers that i downloaded before using Sony Taxi. everything worked terrific, except for 2 issues :

1) The fan speed is above normal nearly all the time.

there has been a Security file that i downloaded back in 2010 that made the fan noise a little less (On Windows 7) and the same problem appeared again with windows 8, but the security file doesn't work anymore on WIN8

2) The Led and Keyboard Back-light sensor is no more functioning.

After installing my fresh windows 8 i found help in this regard, and it worked for me, but later on i lost the functionality and the VAIO Control center full list disappeared again, and the same trick doesn't work anymore .

Trick used in this link :
1- Download the SFEP driver from a french website
2- Install Shared library
3- Install the Event manager driver

Last- install the Control Center.

Can anyone help please :( ??

2 answers to this question

Why would you need a new BIOS for W8?

I read microsoft's compatibility guidelines, and it seems unlikely that something of this nature would be the deal-breaker. You should be able to (WORST CASE) install W7, install the BIOS, Install W8, in that order.

However it seems more likely that fan noise is actually some process getting out of control. May I suggest downloading Process Explorer, and trying to figure out WHICH process and perhaps what it is doing. A typical example would be something supporting a device thats not there, (or a device with no driver), or MSFT anti-virus trying to connect to home server and download an update. If the problem abruptly goes away after 12 hours connected to the internet you can be reasonably sure that this was what was happening.

YMMV