about broken NZ-R700

Rate this topic

Nevadita

Hi

I used to have a NZ-R500 back in 2001, but i lost it. so recently i got fond of the format again so i look online where i can buy one. i cant order anything via international shipping (customs are terrible here). so i found this Sony NZ-R700 for like 22USD (with the remote).
thing is, the seller says audio output is broken. and i dunno if it would be hard or expensive to get it fixed.

this is the player:
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/MCO-404476896-mini-disc-sony-mz-r700-_JM

This is a common fault on that model - do not buy it. In most cases it is caused by the soldered connections on the audio amplifier chip, which break regularly. it can be repaired quite easily, but there is no point buying a recorder that needs repair if a good working unit is available elsewhere. it is not a repair you can do yourself.

In which country do you live?

Jim

• Like 1

yes,

This is a common fault on that model - do not buy it. In most cases it is caused by the soldered connections on the audio amplifier chip, which break regularly. it can be repaired quite easily, but there is no point buying a recorder that needs repair if a good working unit is available elsewhere. it is not a repair you can do yourself.

In which country do you live?

Jim

Yes, you may have a point there.
i gonna wait for another offer to show up. (one that doesnt mean 200bucks for a used unit. are they nuts?, thats is what i paid (pretty much) for the R500 new back on 2001)

thanks

What a shame you cannot rely on your customs department to play fair (I assume you are meaning stuff goes missing regularly). It really does restrict your options, which are otherwise global given the reach of the internet. Is there anything which does get through customs easily, or are they all looking for stuff like IPods to pinch?

Jim

What a shame you cannot rely on your customs department to play fair (I assume you are meaning stuff goes missing regularly). It really does restrict your options, which are otherwise global given the reach of the internet. Is there anything which does get through customs easily, or are they all looking for stuff like IPods to pinch?

Jim

not just missing but it get stuck on custom for some crazy reasons. and even if you pay the mandatory fees theres always more and more taxes.

the only safe way get a international shipping parcel is using a real expensive service like DHL. (and their prices kinda defeats the purpose of online offers)