Sony Vaio E Series memory upgrade

Rate this question

deepupn

Question

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I purchased a Sony Vaio E Series - SVE15113EN while I was in India. I am in FInland now. I would like to upgrade my stock memory of 2 GB to either 4 GB or 8 GB. Which memory should I go for? Can I purchase it online? or Do I need to go to an authorised sony service center?. I think the warranty is for 1 year which will expire in 2 months. What should I do? Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I would recommend going to somewhere like Crucial for extra memory - you can order online and it should be easy to install yourself:

See: http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/listparts.aspx?model=VAIO%20SVE15113ENB&Cat=RAM

Be aware that to take full advantage of memory greater than 3.5GB you will need to be running a 64-bit version of Windows.

Thank you Richard and admin team for your valuable reply. I use win 7 pro 64bit.

Now, I know what I am going to ask next is simply bonkers, but I would like to know If I can add a pci-e card to this particular laptop. IIt's asking for too much, but I love games and now not in a way to buy myself a new gaming pc. The games that I usually play or kind of games I like to play are GTA SA, GTA IV, simulation games like EU truck simulator, Rig n Roll, Rail simulator, Ship simulator. Please don't be rude while you reply. I know I am nuts.