Sharp NetMD IM-DR400E USB Driver needed

Rate this topic

J77R

Hi I have unearthed my Sharp NetMD IM-DR400E minidisc recorder and I thought I would try to give use it again after many years of no use. Quite surprised it still works! But I have been totally unable to get my Windows 8 pc to recognise it when connected by its usb cable. I have tried to search for a driver from the original BeatJam CD disc but the drivers must be so outdated Windows 8 won't recognise them. I have tried installing the most recent version of Sonic Stage that I found on here, but still no drivers will recognise the device. Can anybody help me out with usb drivers or should I just give up hope on this aged device lol Many Thanks :)

post-139721-0-92917500-1376393804_thumb.

I thought we went through this. But I see there is no sign of Sharp drivers in the NetMD 64-bit download. Here are some questions for everyone (OP included, of course - BTW welcome to our madcap band of minidisc nuts!)

Question 1: has this device (indeed other Sharp devices) ever worked with Sonic Stage? Or only Beat Jam?

Question 2: What are the VID and PID for the USB connector on this device (easy - look at the uninstalled items in device manager, look for yellow exclamations, then drill down until you see the Device IDs.

I'd be very surprised if Sharp used all their own device keys (sorry, technical term to describe the encryption scheme that's built into NetMD), and more inclined to believe they simply copied all the technology that they licensed from Sony.

I am more than willing to throw the appropriate lines into NETMD760.INF and send it to you by email to try.

Sergio?

John?

Anyone at all?

I thought we went through this. But I see there is no sign of Sharp drivers in the NetMD 64-bit download. Here are some questions for everyone (OP included, of course - BTW welcome to our madcap band of minidisc nuts!)

Question 1: has this device (indeed other Sharp devices) ever worked with Sonic Stage? Or only Beat Jam?

Question 2: What are the VID and PID for the USB connector on this device (easy - look at the uninstalled items in device manager, look for yellow exclamations, then drill down until you see the Device IDs.

I'd be very surprised if Sharp used all their own device keys (sorry, technical term to describe the encryption scheme that's built into NetMD), and more inclined to believe they simply copied all the technology that they licensed from Sony.

I am more than willing to throw the appropriate lines into NETMD760.INF and send it to you by email to try.

Sergio?

John?

Anyone at all?

Hi :) Thank you for replying. I have used only Beat Jam with this device that was years ago on Windows XP or Vista. I will copy and paste what I think you asked for in question 2.

USBVID_04DD&PID_9013&REV_0100

USBVID_04DD&PID_9013

USBVID_04DD&PID_90135&2E981854&0&1

Hope they help :) I appreciate your help ty :) My name is John and my email is john77reid@live.com

Thank you :)

Sorry had a busy day yesterday and looked briefly but hoping someone else might chime in.

It works? Great news. I never heard from OP so didn't actually know.

THIS IS A FORMAL CALL TO ALL SHARP NetMD owners to send in your PIDs and model numbers so I can clean up the .INF file(s).

Welcome to the gang!

• 3 weeks later...

They should work with SS . I did not test all of them as i don´t have all these machines.

In the German MInidisc forum there´s a thread about the usb vid´s.

That´s what i found ->

HiMD
Buffalo MD-HUSB same as MZ NH600; ID:
Sony MZ-NH600; ID: 054C 0186
Sony MZ-NH700; ID:
Sony MZ-NHF800; ID:
Sony MZ-NH900; ID:
Sony MZ-NH1; ID: 0x54c, 0x17e
Sony MZ-NH3D; ID: 0x54c, 0x180
Sony LAM-X1 (Minianlage); ID: 0x54c, 0x80
Sony MZ-RH710; ID: 054C 0186
Sony MZ-RH910 = MZ-M10; ID: 0x54c, 0x21b
Sony MZ-RH10 = MZ-M100; ID: 0x54c, 0x219
Sony MZ-DH10P; ID: 0x54c, 0x1e9
Sony MZ-RH1 = MZ-M200; ID: 054c:0286

Sony CMT-AH10; ID: 0x54c, 0x22c
Sony DS-HMD1; ID: 0x54c, 0x23c

NetMD
Aiwa AM-NX1; ID: 0x54c, 0x113
Aiwa AM-NX9; ID: 0x54c, 0x14c
Sony MZ-N1; ID: 0x54c, 0x75
Sony MZ-N505; ID: 0x54c, 0x84
Sony MZ-N707; ID: 0x54c, 0x86
Sony MZ-S1; ID: 0x54c, 0x85
Sony Mz-N10; ID: 0x54c, 0xc6
Sony MZ-NE410; ID: 0x54c, 0xca
Sony MZ-N510; ID: 0x54c, 0xc9
Sony MZ-NF610; ID: 0x54c, 0xc9
Sony MZ-N710; ID: 0x54c, 0xc8
Sony MZ-NF810; ID: 0x54c, 0xc8
Sony MZ-NE810; ID: 0x54c, 0xc8
Sony MZ-N910; ID: 0x54c, 0xc7
Sony MZ-N420; ID:
Sony MZ-NF520; ID: 0x54c, 0xca
Sony MZ-NE810; ID: 0x54c, 0xeb
Sony MZ-NE910; ID: 0x54c, 0xeb
Sony MZ-N920; ID:
Sony MZ-DN430; ID: 054C 00CA

Decks:
Sony MDS-NT1; ID:
Sony MDS-JE780; ID: 054C 0081
Sony MDS-JB980; ID: 054C 0081

Sharp IM-MT880 / IM-MT899; ID: 0x4dd, 0x7202
Sharp IM-DR400 / IM-DR410 / ID: 0x4dd, 0x9013
Sharp IM-DR420; ID: 0x4dd, 0x9014
Sharp IM-DR80 = Sharp IM-DR580 = Kenwood DMC-S9NET; ID: 0x4dd, 0x9014

I think there are some more but i don´t find these now.

Do you know about the linux minidisc project? take a look as there are some more i think.

https://github.com/AlexanderS/linux-minidisc/blob/master/libnetmd/netmd_dev.c

Hi guys I have been trawling through all this for a couple days. I am way confused. I d/l the sonicsoundstage ultimate version but I cant get/find the drivers for my

Sharp Net Md IM-DR410E(s)

Been reading a lot of conflicting posts on various sites with a lot of old dead ends. Im not even sure allthough some say to the contrary sonic sound stage is compatible.

Is there an alterntive software or how indeed do i find these mystery drivers......

Pete

• Sad 1

Here are the two inf files for 32 and 64 bits

Please try them, anyone with Sharp devices

It's possible I got this wrong so please test and comment. After that I will put in downloads section.

Thanks

{EDIT}

Please see the 32- and 64- bit drivers in the downloads section. The zip file attached to this post has been removed in order to "unconfuse" new visitors to the site.

Admin

PS drivers are at

(32 bits); and

(64 bits)

Edited by sfbp

Kenwood DMC-S9NET; lost in a corner in my home, i will find it

Great work !

this Kenwood will work for sure as it uses the same driver as the DR 80 and so on.

Hey Stephen were these the files i posted u fitted in ?

I didn´t try on my sys (win7 64) but i will be testing in a couple of days. Last time i used these Sharp´s to record via Usb is very long ago.Think these were the days when i was iusing xp :P

Greetings ;) to all of you

edit

i assume they will work on both 32 and 64 bit versions.

Alright DR580 and DR410 do work.

What bothers me is that i can´t use the Aiwa AM-NX9. I tried to figure out why it don´t work a long time ago.Now that i´ve updated again it still don´t work. I assume its the wrong Vid for the Unit.Anybody out there who could check ?

But the NX9 ***does*** work, you need to get rid of all (NetMD) drivers and start again with the one posted recently.

Certainly the one in this thread has NX9 support. I think the one in downloads section does too (they will shortly become the same).

Yes I got these ID's from your post #12. Didn't look at the non-Sharp stuff, feel free to pounce on anything which is missing from either one of the INF files.

Sergio has clearly tested most of them under 64 bits. So verification on the 32 bits ones would be great.

I edited my drivers the first time some years ago to match my recorders. I remember that i tried a couple of times to get the Aiwa unit working but it doesn´t.

Alright i got it. :moil: Now it **does** work :imsohappy:

You should edit the .inf filr in the win7 and 64 bits section with that line

%NETMDUSB.DeviceDesc%=NETMDUSB.Dev, USBVID_054C&PID_014C ; AM-NX9

It was simply missing all the time. Although been fitted to win2k and so on it couldn´t work until this line is inserted in the Win7 64 bit section.

See it didn´t work before.I told you ;)

So just edit teh .inf before you push it into the download section.

I´ll see if i can get some more sharp VID ..

greet

Sergio has clearly tested most of them under 64 bits. So verification on the 32 bits ones would be great.

Yea i read that and i tested ´em too.

The Ids are the same in all these versions so the will work on either 32 and 64 bits... for sure.

What is different from mine ->

- Sony DN430/NF520 - 054c:00ca same as NE410

- Sony MZ-RH710; 054C 0186 same as NH600 is typed DH710 for whatever reasons.

To have the List complete some could edit the names.Of course this won´t add any devices for sure.I just saw the .inf looks different from mine ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, another 'newbie'.

I downloaded the 32 bit file for windows vista but I can't open it.

I get an error message

"You are attempting to open a SYSTEM (.sys) file. Windows cannot open this type of file. Please choose the program you wish to open the file" etc., etc..

What do I do with it ?

Hehe. Open it.

Vista 32 bits, correct? Just making sure you have the right download.

What you may be missing is something to convert the package (it's a .zip file in Windows parlance) and extract the 3 components. In more recent versions of Windows the installer (IT needs to open the files not you) can find them as if the .zip file were a folder itself. However all you have to do is to put the three files in some folder where for the installer can with your assistance install them from.

You may need some help. However if the above isn't gobbledygook, go ahead and make a folder called C:MDDrivers. Install Winzip or 7zip or Winrar, unpack the zip into that new folder. Now comes the tricky bit. I am assuming you already plugged in the Sharp and gave you a nasty yellow exclamation point in Device Manager. Right click that, and select "Update driver". If it asks, you may have tell it where to find the drivers. Point it at C:MDDrivers and you're basically done, except that Windows will try to tell you this driver is unsigned and that this is a dangerous thing to do. Make sure it knows you're the boss!

I'm sorry if this is pitched too high or too low. There are a lot of gaps to fill and I had to guess.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe. Open it.

Vista 32 bits, correct? Just making sure you have the right download.

What you may be missing is something to convert the package (it's a .zip file in Windows parlance) and extract the 3 components. In more recent versions of Windows the installer (IT needs to open the files not you) can find them as if the .zip file were a folder itself. However all you have to do is to put the three files in some folder where for the installer can with your assistance install them from.

You may need some help. However if the above isn't gobbledygook, go ahead and make a folder called C:MDDrivers. Install Winzip or 7zip or Winrar, unpack the zip into that new folder. Now comes the tricky bit. I am assuming you already plugged in the Sharp and gave you a nasty yellow exclamation point in Device Manager. Right click that, and select "Update driver". If it asks, you may have tell it where to find the drivers. Point it at C:MDDrivers and you're basically done, except that Windows will try to tell you this driver is unsigned and that this is a dangerous thing to do. Make sure it knows you're the boss!

I'm sorry if this is pitched too high or too low. There are a lot of gaps to fill and I had to guess.

Good luck!

Thanks very much for the advice. I followed your instructions and managed (on the second attempt) to update the driver.

Now all I have to do is try it out, I've run out of time now but I'll get back to it later.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello friendly diskussun on this page.I have device Sharp IM-DR. 580 h. and has no drivers for it, would be grateful if I got help in doing so. Istallatios disc are BET-JAM but Windows 7-32 bit x 86 which I have ,denied and uppmutrade, to seek new ones from the Internet. USB/VID_04DD&PID_9014/ 5&5................

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

So I downloaded the Sharp4xxx.zip file and installed it. I then plugged my Sharp NetMD IM-DR420H(S) into the USB and my computer did not recognize it. I then downloaded the testnewinf.zip file and unzipped it and under Device Manager, pointed the "update driver" to the testnewinf folder I just extracted. And I got this strange message: Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. Net MD The system cannot find the file specified. Attached is a screenshot. Can someone help me?

CLaRXY7.jpg

If you read from the beginning of the thread, the new drivers (actually designed for MZ-RH1) were not able to be installed for most Sony NetMD units, or ANY Sharps. The result was a little project which I and Azureal worked on, and the driver package (the magic is all in the install files, the driver itself is unchanged) you downloaded was the result of that project.

There's also a "play-all-known-units" driver for 32-bits, just in case you wanted to use it on XP, which is generally 32-bits only, or Vista or W7 in the 32-bit versions.

Glad you got it working.

• 1 year later...

I would like to connect my sharp IM-DR420H. I have downloaded "NetMD Driver 64-bit Win7 or Vista Version 1.2" and tried to install this driver on windows 10, 64 bit.

I received this warning:
"Windows found diver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. The Hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering."

Did I do something wrong? Or does this driver not work on windows 10?
I would be great if it would :)