How to make your own R(eal) M(inidisc) P(roject) media.

Rate this topic

Hi. Everybody. My country, Korea is 6:10 PM now. I'll write down this post with

prepare my dinner..(^^*) And, I'm not good at English. So, please understand my poor expression.

Recently, I joined this forum and post some article about labeling on the minidisc.

I make the minidisc as like a CD design. And I called this work R(eal) M(inidisc) P(roject).

shortly, RMP. It's the really excitng and intereting work that I think. It allow to have your own minidisc media.

I attached some photo files about my work.

1. Take apart the minidisc media.

I didn't know how to upload the movie file. So I add a some link my Korean cafe about minidisc.

http://cafe.naver.com/minidiskworld/535 - You can see the first step of disassemble the media.

and see photo 1. Take apart the minidisc media according the step 1->2->3->4. It needs some

power.. (^^*) And I have broke the some media in this chapter..T-T;;

2. Cutting the photo sticker.

I cut the image using the circle cutter (photo 2) After than (Photo 3) I paste on the minidisc surface.

I choose the photo paper, type of sticker (Photo 4). It makes more easy to stick. After this work,

put together minidisc. You can easily assembled the minidisc.

3. Prepare outer label

The photo 5 is printed about outer label. The two label is some different. Left side is for 2 minidisc cases,

and right side in 1 minidisc case. Could you find size difference? 2minidisc outer label is same size. I

made two minidisc case just put together each case. Cutting them (photo 6) and insert the outer case. (Photo 7)

It's all of RMP. And sometimes I didn't have the CD image. I make them using the PPT. (Photo 8, 9)

I wish this RMP is become many minidisc users enjoying their own type and

will be proper name in the minidisc life..(^^*); (It's my big dream!) And remember some

Korean minidisc users are really love the minidisc and enjoy it.(^^*)

Thank you for reading my poor English post. (^^*)

post-140380-0-53512800-1378545101_thumb.

post-140380-0-60717100-1378545112_thumb.

post-140380-0-49290200-1378545121_thumb.

post-140380-0-37357100-1378545130_thumb.

post-140380-0-16177500-1378545137_thumb.

post-140380-0-68777100-1378545145_thumb.

post-140380-0-08893000-1378545154_thumb.

post-140380-0-26111900-1378545161_thumb.

post-140380-0-07918700-1378545169_thumb.

Hi Qualia017. Very interesting reading, very impressed. What sort of glue do you use to reseal the MD casings after your work? I ask because I am experimenting with cleaning out and refurbishing used MDs for resale, and I am trying to work out the best way or resealing, without using 'super-glue' (cyanoacrylate) which can leave a white powder-like residue.

Jim

Hi Qualia017. Very interesting reading, very impressed. What sort of glue do you use to reseal the MD casings after your work? I ask because I am experimenting with cleaning out and refurbishing used MDs for resale, and I am trying to work out the best way or resealing, without using 'super-glue' (cyanoacrylate) which can leave a white powder-like residue.

Jim

Dear. Jim.

Unfortunately, I have used super-glue "loctite" very carefully. I use the loctite with sharp pencil's edge and just reseal the 4 edges of minidisc case.

And really important thing is I didn't go near by disc, just edge of case. Sometimes I miss, but it's really low rate..I have made almost over 100 RMP media. But I broke 2medias during the disassemble work and only 1 media is missing the reseal work. Thank you for your comment.

Dear. Jim.

Unfortunately, I have used super-glue "loctite" very carefully. I use the loctite with sharp pencil's edge and just reseal the 4 edges of minidisc case.

And really important thing is I didn't go near by disc, just edge of case. Sometimes I miss, but it's really low rate..I have made almost over 100 RMP media. But I broke 2medias during the disassemble work and only 1 media is missing the reseal work. Thank you for your comment.

Ok, I will bear that in mind, thanks. I have ordered some polystyrene cement off ebay to try that - you know, the sort of glue used on model kits by the likes of Airfix and Revell? The disc casings don't look at all like a styrene, but it may work. And stuff always comes in useful in the workshop anyway.

Jim

It looks like polystyrene cement actually does work! At the moment I am simply dabbing on the glue-post already available - I am not trying to glue down the edges at all. I know there is a liquid poly cement available which may be perfect for both jobs, as the liquid can run down the crack of each edge by capillary motion, without leaving any obvious signs of gluing, whereas this is hard with the cement in the tubes. But I thought I would try the cheaper tube glue first. I will now order some liquid, if I can find it, and let you know more.

Jim

Ok, I will bear that in mind, thanks. I have ordered some polystyrene cement off ebay to try that - you know, the sort of glue used on model kits by the likes of Airfix and Revell? The disc casings don't look at all like a styrene, but it may work. And stuff always comes in useful in the workshop anyway.

Jim

Dear. Jim

After read your post, I have found the polystyrene cement, it looks very nice. I'll buy and test it..(^^*) Thank you for your comment.

Qualia017

I suppose that you print on a transparent sticker paper

Dear PhilippeC

Yes, i use a photo paper, type of sticker. It's really easy to paste.

It looks like polystyrene cement actually does work! At the moment I am simply dabbing on the glue-post already available - I am not trying to glue down the edges at all. I know there is a liquid poly cement available which may be perfect for both jobs, as the liquid can run down the crack of each edge by capillary motion, without leaving any obvious signs of gluing, whereas this is hard with the cement in the tubes. But I thought I would try the cheaper tube glue first. I will now order some liquid, if I can find it, and let you know more.

Jim

Dear. Jim

It's really important information to me. Actually, loctite makes some white powder effect on the case. I really appreciate your kindness post..(^^*) It's helpful to me.

Thank you and thank you again. I'll bought liquid poly cement.(^^*)

Qualia017

Jim

Hi Jim,
I disagree to use polystyrene cement.
Originally the two parts of the shell are joined or heat-sealing or with ultrasound.
Polystyrene cement works by dissolving the surface of the plastic which then re-hardens.
This makes it impossible to re opening the blank.
I use Vinavil glue, did not tack as other glues

but perfectly fills the cavities and hardening becomes transparent.
It is easy to remove even if I never ever had problems with opening of blank glued.

A nice day to all