Sony Insider Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Brian

Cool Minidisc Labels

Rate this question

Question

I really enjoy minidiscs. What I've been doing is converting my favorite albums to minidisc, and since a person can't go to the store and buy albums, or sticker shapes for the discs, I've been printing my stickers from the local copy store. Here's some cool stuff I made

post-143496-0-08794300-1388441821_thumb.

post-143496-0-54539600-1388441996_thumb.

What do you think?

• Like 1

28 answers to this question

Those look great Mr. Brian. If I were half as organized as you I wouldn't have dozens of discs around with no labels at all!

Thx for that Link. I still have 2 new sets of those pressit labels and didn´t use them. Is it easy to create the front labels ? I mean those small ones on the edge.

I would like them to be like the cd is for example but that´s hard to do, isn´t it ?

Sorry about that. :sorry: Because they actually advertise them on their website I thought they were still available having bought some of them some time ago. If you can get them from somewhere else they're worth trying.

The labels are easy to make, but what I found tricky was calibrating the printer so that the printing aligned accurately.

I bought some when they were around I use a a photocopy of one and also create a JPEG in publisher and use an A4 self adhesive label scan album into publisher and save as a JPEG too then photo and rezize insert and print it make sure you know which way the print comes out :) print out and cut job done :)

Looking good there :) I'm about to move some of my cassette library to minidisc I hope my lables will be as good as yours was that a laser printer you used ? as the black seems very rich :)

Re printers i wonder if anyone will use one of the new 3D printers to make some new Minidisc cases when those printers become more afforadable , just a thought a full thickness CD case can be used as a MINIDISC case with a bit of tweaking Just remove the "frog" (where the cd is housed) and insert the minidisc and print a label Using a DTP programme :)

Have fun guys :)

Looking good there :) I'm about to move some of my cassette library to minidisc I hope my lables will be as good as yours was that a laser printer you used ? as the black seems very rich :)

Labels come from Avery. I Bought them on Ebay but guess they are now discontinued. Covers are printed with a laser printer.

Artworks are made with Photoshop CS 5 using google images database to get inspiration and then, tweak the whole thing. Projects are finally exported on a Microsoft word template of my own and converted into .pdf before being printed.

Do you have the discs prepared already, or will you take thoughts on which disc design to pair the labels with?

These 5 will all be rotated 90 degrees to the left, I assume.

To get the ball rolling, I say put the first on a yellow victor fruity colour ... if you have one. Or a maxell iro maybe?

• Like 1

Do you have the discs prepared already, or will you take thoughts on which disc design to pair the labels with?

These 5 will all be rotated 90 degrees to the left, I assume.

To get the ball rolling, I say put the first on a yellow victor fruity colour ... if you have one. Or a maxell iro maybe?

I never make a label thinking about the disc it will match with. First, I'm getting my kick out of photoshop and then, try to find the best discs to use. I try to not use the original front cover of an album, just for the pleasure of challenging myself. Sure there are some exceptions, like those M83 labels I made. But I did change the colors of them to make it more personal.

Right : all the labels will be rotate by 90 degrees to the left. I displayed them vertically for convenience purposes.

I've the complete serie of Victor fruity colors thanks to fella SI member The blueraja. We get involved in few trades some years ago when minidisc.org was still online. The thing is that the latters are not so easy to use as their surfaces are not entirely flat. Maxwell Iro would be perfect indeed :) I'll make some tests on them.

What if you put a normal label in that middle space of the fruity colour (and other similar styles) to 'flatten' the area, and then put your printed one on?

Test with cheaper, less-rare discs first, of course!

;-)

Guess that several layers will do the job. That's a good idea, I never think of it. But it must be pretty hard to make if you ask me as the label has to be cut with the good dimensions.

Rare or not, label can be removed so it won't be much problematic :)