Best way to transfer from pc to mini disc

Rate this topic

Back2skooldaze

:king: Hi just thought i'd start this thread as it seems totally impossible to get a Net MD connect to pc via usb to transfer music! Well in my case it is?????
I have successfully installed a win7 64bit ultimate Net MD driver but can't get Sonic Stage to work? I have downloaded and installed successfully but after signing in as administrator to get full access to the use of it i find that once i have created a library i then go to transfer to Net MD and it does the converting bit then after all the music is done it stops and reports there was errror????

I have tried real player with out success? I have tried winamp without success?
The only success i have found with transfering music from the pc to any Mini disc recorder is via optical/digital and that works like a dream then minidisc recorder in sync will wait until you are ready to press play on the pc and i have transfered my mp'3 from Itunes.

Optical/digital is the only way but it would be nice if the Net MD would be useful via pc connection?
I was told by Sony just recently they have stop support or Available of downloading Sonic Stage and they advised me to use my Net MD as a mass storage device? I have not been able to do this and cant see how as it does not show up as a sign letter/drive?
I only wish i could use it as a mass storage because instead of playing in real time with optical i could get the music over to the Net MD disc much quicker???? GOD KNOWS?

I love mini disc and playing with old formats and mini disc to me is so much more fun than using my iphone and itunes!

If anyone has other methods of tranferring from pc to minidisc via usb and what ever program i am all ears :)
Someone out there would be good to come up with there own software/program for us to use with our minidisc recorders and the usb connetion? I was told recently by Sony that i can still purchase Sonic Stage 4.3 from my nearest Sony dealer LOL

Anyone got Sonic Stage 4.3 working and if so what windows have you got/use?

:good:

I have successfully installed a win7 64bit ultimate Net MD driver but can't get Sonic Stage to work?

I don't understand this. Which driver did you install? Assuming you used this one,

- What is the model number of your unit?

- If your unit is on the list, something else is messing you up, probably the USB subsystem. If not, we can add it but you will have to do some tests first so I can alter one of the files to include your machine.

Hope this helps.

And - please don't use all bold. Just let the text format be what it wants to be :)

:) Please please please accept my apologises and i totally eat my words LOL

I have downloaded the Sonic Stage 4.3 Ultimate with the new update from this site and installed and i totally can't beleive i am actually using my Net MD MZ-N510 connected to my pc via usb and am transferring from my library to the Net MD and i am totally over the moon ;)

I am using windows 7 64bit Ultimate and all is running sweet ;)

I've spent ages tranferring from Itunes in real time via optical and then i have had to type/input on the MD all the track names and that is so fiddly and time consuming but with the Sonic Stage all is done automatically on the pc WOOP WOOP!

P.S Sorry for the bold text i mean't no harm.

I am now having a wizz of a time with the Net MD ive got loads of tunes to transfer :)

I'm so glad i came across this forum is has been very helpful indeed.

Again sorry for my fustration in my posts as i was getting no where and feeling like the Net MD was a total brick with no usb use at all but now i'm having a ball :)

• 1 year later...

I too am having this exact problem but cannot fix it. Model is MZ-N910 and Widows 7 64 bit. I have installed the latest driver from this site and the player shows up in 'devices' and says it is working ok. The driver details are "system32DriversNETMD760" Is it correct it states 32 and not 64? It does not show as a mass storage device under my PC, should it?

I have installed Sonic Pro Ultimate from this site but it won't run. I have tried various compatbility settings and it opens for a few seconds then says 'programme stopped running'.

I would really appreciate any help to get Sonic Pro running so I can use the player with my PC. Thank you.