Broken battery door... how do I fix?

Rate this topic

syn010110

So the battery door on my DR80 is missing a chunk out of it. Unfortunately the chunk it seems to be missing is the part that locks the door closed. Right now I can't put gumstick batteries inside without the springiness just pushing the door open or the battery falling out.

Here's a picture of the broken bit:

2014-01-20%2015.24.47.jpg

My DR580 was barely cracked at the same point.I was able to fix that with super glue.

I know of others that had problems with cracked battery doors with that unit. Maybe its not that quality ?

Coould it be that cracked part is still inside the unit?? If it doesn´t and you can´t fix the unit -> i need a spare docking station for mine, as it got lost.

Are you willing to trade or sell these? Where are you located ?

I don't have the accessories for the DR80, which is why I posted a thread looking for them in the classifieds a while back. The eBay seller I bought the thing from claimed that all the accessories were included and they were not. The seller also claimed that it was in perfect working condition. It was not.

I guess I can sell it to someone else marked "for repair or parts" but meh. It wasn't a lot of money but I'm not happy about it. :/

• 2 weeks later...

So on a whim I put a battery in the DR80 again and again it just beeped, but I decided to apply percussive maintenance by bashing it against my palm. This randomly caused the motor to spin up and the disc played beautifully. So I'm wondering if the problem is an intermittent short on the motor's power. I wonder if taking it apart would reveal more...