MZ-E700 loud spinning noise

Rate this topic

Oh well, it was collect dust for months now. And I just had to give it a spin to make sure it works and continue to live the glory of MiniDisc. Powered it up, insert a disc, start the music. It load up with the right title and did play the disc straight up, but spinning noise was heard, it was noticeable and loud enough to hear it without placing your ears on the player. In addition, it hangs for a while while playing the same track and spinning get really hard, on random track, not consistence.

Recorded disc info:

Disc type: MDW-80PL

Format: LP2

Software : Sony Sonic Stage 4.3 Ultimate V2

Device : Sony NE-410 NETMD

Just to be sure, I did check the format specification on the archive and the other websites, and it is sure that LP2 and LP4 are supported.

The disc was tested on MZ-NE410, MZ-N710, MZ-N10 and MZ-N1 to work flawless, definitely the spinning sound was not heard and pause wasn't happening. Just to be sure, I used another recorded disc, same recorded specification, and tried, same result, pause often and loud spinning sound.

This getting me worried, what can I do?