Can't get this to work

Rate this topic

Hey Everyone,

I downloaded the latest version of SS from the downloads section of this site and it set up just fine (I'm running Windows 7) I have an MZ-NF810 and the damn thing won't work. I went looking for the driver so it could work, but to no avail. Is there anything here on this site that I could download that might get this to work?

Cheers,

7thP

I checked it out and I'm a bit confused. Is this something that I download and install? If so, where is it because one of the links there is no longer active. If not, what do I have to do first? I'm a bit of a novice at this.

Click the download button. Save the file. Expand the file to a real directory. Point the installer at those files (proudofmylife's description is ok, but if that's the broken link, just update the NetMD driver with these new files).

Ok, I downloaded and extracted this, but what do I have to do next? I plugged the player in, Win7 did it's "searching" thing and I got the same "No drivers found" message. What in the name of all that is holy do I have to do now?

Sorry, you came late to the Windows game, it sounds like. Follow proudofmylife's directions.

Let's see if I can summarize. So far so good, it is at least looking for drivers. I assume that this happened because you plugged in the NF810 and it started to look for them.

You have to direct it to the spot where you extracted the drivers. When it asks you you will select NETMD760.INF.

If you are wondering how to get it to ask you again, I suggest unplugging the device from USB and reconnecting it. In addition, make sure that it has power, preferably from the wall adapter. Unlike some later models which can "vampire" off the computer's USB, this one needs its own power to run the USB connector on it, and NiMH batteries tend to be a bit wimpy. Worst case, use the sidecar for an Alkaline AA (avoid rechargeable AA!), but the 3V wall adapter should be best.