Is there any 3rd party substitute remote that replaces these MD player remote?

Rate this topic

Happy Hopping

Does anyone else has hissing sound on your RM-MC40ELK or  your RM-MC32EL.  As I'm getting that hissing sound on both remote.

I had an old portable Sony audio remote, and when I connect my Sony MDR-V900 headphone, there is hisssssssing sound. So a few mth. ago, I ordered a brand new Sony audio remote (the remote is for my HiMD player). When it arrives, the hisssing sound is gone.

Then just recently, that hisssing sound comes back. As the audio jack of my headphone contacts to the portable audio remote,

I have to rotate the audio jack slowly and eventually there is a certain spot that I can get sound coming out from both left / right headphone.

Otherwise, it's either hisssing sound, or sound comes out from the left headphone only.

Under magnifying glass, I can't see any damage or wear / tear on the audio jack. This Sony headphone is made in Japan, but 14 yr. old.

Same problem w/ my RM-MC32EL.  You think it's the headphone jack?

No hissing noise.

Did you connect the headphones directly to the unit, without using the remote. See if the hissing noise is there, remember to lower the volume on the unit - not to blow the eardrums out. Also, try a different set of headphones as well!

Another thing, take some dust off can air and lightly blow some air into the connections of the minidisc unit.

Poor contacts. The jack socket contains a spring. I've never fiddled with it, but it sounds to me like the same silly problems I get with cheap headphones whose 3.5mm jack is not gold-plated. It may be as simple as bending the spring so that it grips the jack tighter. As I said, I don't know how to do that..........