Newbie - rediscovered MD but cannot find Sonicstage/MD Burner software

Guapito1973

Ladies/chaps,

I recently rediscovered my Minidiscs and dug out the various players I have (in-car, portable and Hi-Fi separate), however, the portable player (Aiwa AM-NX9) came with Sonicstage 1.5 and I've appeared to have lost the disc. I know there were subsequent updates but I last used it in 2006 and do not know what's what. Besides, I recall updating once and it buggered up and I had to reinstall 1.5 and gave up on any further updates.

A lot of the discs I have are live recordings that I copied from live DVDs via my Hi-Fi setup (one of the great benefits of MDs due to the simplicity and editing functionality). I also recently copied a performance at the SXSW iTunes Festival via the iTunes shop (getting my own back on Apple!) and it sounds killer!

Now, I want to back up these recordings to my Laptop for posterity and for iTunes use but don't know how. My Laptop is a Sony Vaio and is using Vista. I've heard you can transfer tracks via one of the jack ports and then edit via Audacity but this seems a bit long winded, especially using Audacity (I have a free copy and cannot get my head around it).

Any help appreciated!