Sony Connect purchase won't transfer?

Rate this topic

culp4684

I think I know the answer to this but I am going to throw it out there anyway. 

My SS library is now about ten years old.  I purchased a copy of Sufjan Stevens "Seven Swans" long ago just to see how it would sound once transferred.  This was probably done in the days before Hi-MD.  It is in 132 K Atrac just like all of the material on Connect was at the time. 

I just tried to transfer it to disc and it failed.  There is a message about not having the copying rights for the material.  Is there a workaround for this?

Thankfully, this was the only album I ever bought from Connect.  I think I had some type of song credit at the time as well.

You could playback with FFmpeg and then record it to your Walkman or whatever. I guess this should work at least

Nope. The Connect store used completely different authentication keys from transferred-oma-recordings-to/from-minidisc.

So it won't work, and there are so few people out there with samples that it would be impossible to find the keys by tinkering.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a folder of .oma files from Sony Connect seven years ago. I recently found that Audacity will play and convert these files. Audacity use FFmpeg to import these files and LAME to export to MP3 files. Both FFmpeg and LAME are plug-ins and need to download from an external web page in order to work. I tried Audacity on one of these files and it successfully export to a MP3 file. Need a program such as MP3tag to correctly label the MP3 file.