jammed disc on MDS-JE510

Rate this topic

Hello there Everyone, I have a problem with loading and ejecting discs on MDS-JE510,when I was trying to insert disc,deck pulled the disc and started makes lound mechanical noise, I tried to eject it but every time player makes the same noise and the disc is stucked in player. I think it's a problem with loading part, anyone knows how to fix that?.the player reads disc and shows all tracks, it even "plays" disc with no sound though. Thnx for any help

The JE510 is, IMHO, the one and only deck not worth fixing. There are lots available. JE520 for starters. Also decks with MDLP such as JE640, JB940, and some with Type-S processing (you may not care if you only need SP recordings since the improvements are for MDLP).

Give up, use for parts.

In fact Stephen is right, if any shipping costs both ways to somebody who can help you are expensive, there is no need to repair this unit. At least, try yourself to open the deck and see if it could be a lack of some teeths on a wheel, a need of grease somewhere, a distended belt or anything that could disturb the loading of the disc.