Windows 10

soulmaster10

• 2 weeks later...

0. Turn off driver signing (F8 on boot)

1. unzip them to somewhere (NOT THE DESKTOP)

2. plug in your netMD machine

3. Look in devmgr for the yellow exclam

4. Click update drivers

5. Select the drivers you just downloaded

6. Ignore messages about unsigned drivers

Yes. The drivers posted (32- and 64-) in the downloads section work fine. If you had installed the 64-bit driver to begin with you would be only a couple of clicks away from having it working now.

To make it work with 32-bits will be harder since you need to uninstall all the stock 32 bit drivers and use the "new" 32-bit driver from the download for every device, for reliable operation.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

New around here.  I was cleaning out my garage a couple of weeks back and found a stack of old Minidiscs from the late 90s.  I had completely forgotten I'd even had one.  I looked on eBay and have bought myself a JE780 for £70.  Thanks to this thread I've managed to install Sonic Stage and the driver for my Windows 10 machine and the system works perfectly.  The only issue I have is that SS seems to ignore when the 780 is in LP mode.  Sure I'll sort it out.

It's really wonderful listening to MDs again and makes a change from Spotify, etc.

• 3 months later...

Hey steven! I keep installing/uninstalling 4.3 on windows 10. After a few minutes into the program (regardless of the task I am doing) The software crashes and says it encountered an error and needs to close. I am out of options here and nothing helps. I need your expertise. Maybe the install file has a bug? Ive tried several copies from various places. If that is the case where can I get a copy of  ""working good"" ss installer? Thanks!!!!!!!!!! ;-) 

• 2 weeks later...

I am running Windows 10 Home.

I have tried all of that...everything I know to do.  I have tried to use different install files, compatibility mode changes, admin startup directives, nothing works. I had this working on Windows 10 before...and I think had this problem and fixed it at one point....(Cant remember how!) :-( The message flags about 45-60 seconds after starting SS. I have enclosed a screenshot of the very exact message that I am getting.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM GOING CRAZY WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for your time Stephen

SonicStage Application Has Stopped Working.png

HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice one Azureal. Surprisingly she is the only artist that I can listen to from that genre. I'm somewhat of a nerd/math-geek, and I have always admired and respected her as a professional vocal "technician." She is so mathematically pitch-perfect that it amazes me that a pair of natural vocal chords could produce notes and keys that technically and exactly perfect...That's about it for the soft pop genre for me. (well I admire Whitney for this too.) But the biggest reason I have her discography is to final test my analog magnetic tape equipment and tape equipment I refurbish for others. (Only analog..no DAT or DCC). Because of her aforementioned pitch perfection, I test the frequency mods and performance by driving some of her more demanding and versatile songs into the mag record heads and monitor the recorded result. She is ALWAYS my final test for my equipment because her songs are BY FAR the hardest to reproduce via analog delivery. Now you know why....LOL!!!!

• Like 1

What the f**ck is the problem? I have uninstalled the program, and carefully searched my entire file system for any files having to do with sonic stage.  This is the first time I uninstalled it and reinstalled it any it did not keep the file structure. This is good so I know I installed a "fresh copy" on my system. But alas, same message. I am so frustrated and out of ideas for this. WTF??? Please help me!!!!! :-(

Hey..Ive been doing fairly well now in regards to keeping the program running. But the SS 4.3 Ultimate Version 2 that you directed me to download has a bit of a major flaw. It wont let me drag and drop folders, or music files as I used to do. I have a ton of folders with album titles and broken out and as we all know we cant selelect an entire folder to import to sonicstage, we have to drag and drop. This is a big flaw. Its gonna take hours to transfer all the tracks individually, not to mention cataloging all of them.

I am so so frustrated I'm on the verge of retiring MiniDIsc forever. I love them but they are just causeing me a ton of stress and a splitting migrane.

Any thoughts? Is it just not working for me??

From my POV drag and drop has never worked. But SS is quite useful even for post-MD devices that DO support drag and drop from Windows.

Why on earth can you not import an entire folder? I'm mystified. This sounds exactly backwards from my experience. The ONLY problem is that folders on the PC can only be one level deep, mirroring the (primitive) structure on MDs.

On 2/21/2016 at 1:06 PM, Kona702 said:

Also Steve, those registry items don't exist for me in Win10. Similar but not that. Also went to another post about this and tried to locate their regkeys that they removed that got SS working. And again, those reg items are not in my regedit.exe display

Well you will probably have to look in the "Windows 32" portion of the registry which is something like <blah>/WOW6432/<more blah>

But the easiest thing is to look for the later part of that registry path using the Find command in regedit.

• 2 weeks later...

This is terrible...I have always dragged my music files by entire album named folder to the SS program running in "my library" view. Suddenly no matter what version I try to install I get the ubiquitous "non smoking" circle with the slash when I hover my mouse over the prog. Now it doesn't matter what I try....what version, what configuration....3.4, 4.3, 4.3 ultimate...etc....it doesn't work. I know it has worked like this in the past because that is the way that I loaded up and managed my ss library for more than a DECADE. I would say its a problem with widows 10 but I have had it working just fine before on win 10. I am so frustrated  I am pulling my hair out. I used to drag an entire folder (named as the album) and even if there was no album info on the individual tracks, it would conveniently save the group of tracks as an album with the folders name that I dropped. There was even an annoying error sometimes if even if ONE of the files was already imported to the lib. I would get the message "Can not register tracks not registered with sonicstage"....(or something to that effect.) Now it wont even let me try to drop in the first place. This problem is CRIPPLING for me. I am lost, confused, and upset. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it my computer??????!!!!!!!!!!! I love sonicstage for all music management (I know most don't) and just not just for MD transfer, but CD creating as well....and for my ATRAC CD Players and head-uint. Also I LOVE my HI-MD format and I don't want to lose it and have to abandon it! :-( But if I cant figure this out then I guess it's the end for me..... ***tear rolls down cheek*** :-(

1 hour ago, sfbp said:

You cannot use drag and drop. Period.

That is'nt true, I use SS 4.3 ultimate version from the download section and windows 10 32 bits and I can I can drag and drop complete maps (directories/folders) into SS without any problem.

But normally I use the menu File -> Import -> one of the three options Scan Folder... or Music File... or M3U File..., so drag and drop is not really needed.

Interesting. It's never worked for me, I gave up a long time ago - last time I tried my library got horribly messed up. Maybe it's something to do with the default locations of the library?

Sorry for any confusion - maybe you can shed light on Kona's problem? I agree with you though, selective import by clicking the required folders is always successful (for me).